iPhone stolen, need plan.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slagy, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Slagy

Slagy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok so my iPhone got stolen today in geometry. I went to go ask the teacher a question, the bell rang, and i come back and its gone. I have filed a police report and everything, but i'm just assuming it is not coming back. So here is what I am considering. Right now I could get an iPhone 3gs for 99 dollars. Now this is the same phone i had as before. Or i could wait until the iPhone 4 comes out and get that for 200 or 300 dollars. I really don't want to spend 300 dollars on a phone again. So I am kind of leaning towards the 200 dollar phone. The only reason I am willing to spend this much again is because ill have this for two years. (hopefully). So what do you guys think?
  2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I think thst if 16GB is enough for you, go for the $200 one
  3. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Keep looking for your phone. Don't give up on trying to find it. Who knows, you may even find it and be able to sell it for some extra cash!

On the other hand, I'd go with the $199 16GB iPhone 4. The upgrade is well worth the $100. I can assure you, you'd be much happier with that, rather than the 8GB 3GS that Apple is planning to sell soon. Whatever you do, get an iPhone 4. Do not get a 3GS. It would be very stupid if you to did, consdering what new features the iPhone 4 will have.
  4. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Did you buy the 3GS on contract? If so you will have to pay $200 on top of the contract (discounted price) and sign a new contract, but if you want it contract free its $400 more. This is assuming that you have AT&T though.
  5. iphonee

iphonee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    call apple get them to block the iphone though Serial?
  6. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Apple can't do anything but tell you to get mobileme if you don't have it. If you do have it they will tell you to use the 'Find my Phone' feature. You phone provider can't track it unless the court demands them too. Best chance is to keep calling and the police. I know how you feel right now.
  7. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    For me 16gb is not enough, specially now that the iPhone 4 is going to record HD video at 720p and the camera photos looks so good

with all my apps, videos and photos and music 16gb just wont cut it, ill definitely go for the 32gb version but that is just me
  8. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    buy a used 3GS on craigslist and you'll be on the same plan/contract as before; no need to extend anything. Also, I doubt you would be eligible for the fully subsidized priceā€”for a 3GS or 4.
  9. Slagy

Slagy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks for all the replies! I think I am going to go with the 16gb iPhone 4. I guess someone in my family has an upgrade, so they are giving it to me, so ill get it for a discounted price. I wont stop looking for it, so hopefuly i can find it and get some extra cash for it.
  10. MBA42

MBA42 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This is what I'm afraid of, and why I will NEVER bring my iTouch jailbroken 32 gig. Don't stop looking for it until you either get it, or you know it's gone. And, you should get the iPhone 4. Besides, your 3G device will get the 4.0 OS on June 26 or something.