iPhone service question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mbphoto, Jun 22, 2010.

1. mbphoto

mbphoto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey there, As it stands right now, I have a Samsung Impression with a family plan split between me and two other phones. It's the basic 700 shared r/o minute plan with unlimited internet, unlimited data and unlimited texting on my phone only.

Now, I have a fantastic opportunity to get an iPhone 3Gs from a friend brand new for about $70, possibly even free because he has made me wait for a long time, so either way, a GREAT deal.

My questions for you experts are:
    1. Will I be able to use the iPhone with the plan that I have?
    2. Will I get all the features?
    3. Will I have to jailbreak it or unlock it to make it work properly?
    4. Will I have to get the phone activated?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Anybody know anything about any of this? (Sorry if I seem a bit pushy or rushing on this, I've wanted an iPhone since they came out but the cost has been to much for me, and if there is no way I will be able to get it working I would like to know before opening it)

Thanks,
    -Mike
  2. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Everything will work. If you are on T-Mobile tho you will have to jailbreak and unlock
  3. mbphoto

mbphoto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks ripply, what a relief!

Please Register or Log in to view images

I was thinking that I would have to take it to AT&T to activate it, now I'm even more excited! haha
  4. mbphoto

mbphoto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Today I used a friends 8GB 3G with my sim card and everything worked great EXCEPT the internet stuff.... I tried launching safari, cydia, [PIRACY]us, ect.. And they wouldnt connect. It kept saying something along the lines of not having a service provider data or something like that. I could still connect with wifi though..

Anybody know how to fix this?? It was Jailbroken and I even unlocked it for t-mobile (thats why I had it because my friend needed it unlocked, so I took advantage of the opportunity to test it for me being able to use one as well).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I want to figure this out before I get one.
  5. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    To use internet with tmobile you need to disable 3G and use edge instead. Also modify the APN settings. J-Phone gave me this: epc.tmobile.com but I think it's only for the web2go plans
  6. mbphoto

mbphoto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh no I have AT&T, not T-Mobile. I was just unlocking their phone for t-mobile for them (works fine from what they say)

But I have AT&T and it's not letting me get on the internet.
  7. nopq629

nopq629 Banned

8. mbphoto

mbphoto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yay for spam...