iPhone SDK Development

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by andrew!, Apr 23, 2009.

1. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey everyone. I have a couple of questions that no one seems to know the answer to haha.

Well I've been particularly interested in iPhone development but I can't seem where to know where to start. I looked online in various places, Apple's developer tutorials included, and I have a pretty vague idea of where to start I guess. I know I have to start with Objective-C so I started reading Apple's tutorial. I got pretty far into it but it keeps making references to C and I don have any C knowledge.
    So then I looked on google and found another pretty solid looking tutorial. I started reading and it was telling me that in order to understand most of it, C is needed.
    Next I went to YouTube, I know, not the BEST source but I just wanted to see if there was a "prerequisites" tutorial, or something similar. I found a guy who learned Objective-C and made an iPhone game in 30 days. He saidbhe had no previous knowledge of any C based language.

With that being said, should I just go out an buy a book or just continue with Apple's tutorial?

Thanks for reading,
    -Andrew
  2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I would suggest buy "The iPhone Developer Cookbook" and "Programming for the iPhone" both available on amazon. I also found http://www.iphonedevcentral.org very helpful.
  3. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Why thank you for the links and suggestion. I'll definetly check them all out!