iPhone SDK 3.2 (iPad) code signing problems

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by erekhsha, May 19, 2010.

1. erekhsha

erekhsha New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hi All,
    Is it possible to deploy applications on jailbroken iPads without having a valid developer certificate? If so could you please provide more info/links?

* What I have:
    - jailbroken iPad: iPhone OS 3.2
    - Snow Leopard 10.6.3
    - Xcode 3.2.2

* What I have tried (No Luck!

Please Register or Log in to view images

):
    1 - No code signing in Xcode, ssh to iPad, and ldid -s: gives me famous assert error
    2 - Fake code signing with an invalid certificate on xCode and using iTunes to transfer app: gives me certificate error while syncing
    3 - Trying to use codesign -f -s somecer myapp.app: gives me object not valid error, myapp.app/* does not work either
    4 - Lot's of tricks and suggestions from various forums and websites

Thanks,
    Amin.
  2. Cokegod

Cokegod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have exactly the same stuff as you, and here is what I do (and it's working):
    Go (in your computer) to /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS3.2.sdk and copy the file "SDKSettings.plist" to your desktop.
    Open the file in your desktop and change the "CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED" from "YES" to "NO".
    Now drag the file from your desktop to the iPhoneOS3.2.sdk folder and replace the original file with the file you changed.
    Now in XCode, in your project, on the "Groups & Files" tab, press on the top, where it says the name of your project.
    After that press "Info" and on the "Build" tab, search for the "Code Signing" section, and there, where it says "Code Signing Identity", change the left tab to "Any iPhone OS Device" and the right tab to "Don't Code Sign".
    All you have to do now is to define your iPad as a "Developing Device", I forgot how you do that, just search for that if you didn't do that already.
    So now, the last thing, on your project on XCode, on the right left corner where it says "Simulator - 3.2" press on it and change the "Active SDK" to "iPhone Device 3.2".
    Ok, now just press "Build and Run" and that's it! Your app is being installed on your device!

Hope I helped.
  3. Freerunnering

Freerunnering Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That might not work as the iPhone OS needs it to be code signed be something, jailbreaking removes the need for ir to be an apple certificate but it still needs a certificate of some sort?

Anyway you can just use ldid in terminal to code sign it now it's on your device if you do that.

4. erekhsha

erekhsha New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Thanks Cokegod. I have not tried defining my iPad as developing device. I will do that and will let you know how it turns out. (Right now I have problems with my MacOSX86 USB)
    Freerunnering: As I said I have tried the ldid thing already. No Luck.
  5. lauNchD

lauNchD Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Or just sign it with your custom-made cert (less annoying and actually provides *some* sense of integrity)
  6. Freerunnering

Freerunnering Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  7. lauNchD

lauNchD Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  8. Freerunnering

Freerunnering Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If he doesn't know how + it may be quick but using a pre made one will still be easier.

------------------double post merged------------------
    That's because you need a patch we can't mention here!

Instead of syncing over with iTunes
    Take that attempts .ipa file and change the extension to .zip now extract and get your .app folder out of payload folder and now ssh that to /applications on your device and respring there your app should be on your springboard!
  9. klebermagno

klebermagno New Member

My Works very nice but when I change my TARGETED_DEVICE_FAMILY from iphone to ipad I got this erros:
    Internal error occurred while creating dependency graph: -[PBXTargetBuildContext ]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x200f16140

Any one know why ? I cannot buld a iPad App ?
    Thanks