iPhone running choppily

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brownbox, Nov 2, 2008.

1. brownbox

brownbox New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yesterday after i "reset all settings", my iphone started running slow.
    By slow I mean, scrolling, games, menus etc, were all very jerky. Almost as if something was running in the background.

I mucked around for two days, and narrowed down the problem to turning the wifi on. If I reset network settings (thus, disconnecting from the wifi network and forgetting the settings), this problem goes away, the the phone runs fine. Once I connect to the wifi network, it all goes to crap again.

Whats the problem?
  2. drklnk

drklnk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Required WI-fi Apps

I think u have a lot of apps that require Wi-fi to update, maybe u set that every 5 minutes your mail app is going to be updating, or if u have mobile me, i don`t know, i think that is it
  3. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    well your jailbroken, so there can be apps running in the background, plus, winterbaord is a app, so if a theme is applied, I think it makes your iPhone run slower
  4. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i had that problem back when i had my iphone
    all i did was every so often hold down the home button so that all of the apps that were running in the background stopped. It did help, but not completely. Having lots of apps just affects the iphone/ipod for some reason and makes it slower even if nothings running. I also noticed winterboard lagged the iphone EXTREMELY, not sure if anyone else has had that, but i just got rid of winterboard cuz it lagged bad.
  5. starboom98

starboom98 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    My iPod is Vary Slow! If i go down a page too fast that app crashes. My iPod has crashed on me my times every day. I have gone into safe mode many times. I HATE IT!