Iphone ringtone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipod touch fan, Dec 16, 2007.

1. ipod touch fan

ipod touch fan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ok. So yesterday i gor my new iphone imported from New Jersey. (I have friends that live there). And I hack it The minute i gor it. In a half hour i had hack it, move all my itouch apps to the iphone. And hacked the memory so apps would install in the 8GB hard drive. But i want another ringtone without paying $2 to apple. So I got "MakeIphoneRingtone" and FIssion. Bu when i creat my ringtone and add it to Itunes (7.4.2) It just list as music and not as a ringtone. So my questions is: does someone knows were to get Itunes version 7.4.1 for mac?
  2. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

go to filehippo and search for "iTunes 7.4.1"
  3. ojx

ojx Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    if your'e on 1.1.1, patch your MeCCa file so custom ringtones can be added on. if you're on 1.1.2, you can use itunes to sync a ringtone you made on your own without paying.
    on 1.1.1 (if your mecca file is already patched) clip the part of the song you want to make as a ringtone then convert it to AAC in itunes. after converting it, SSH into your iphone and go to /Library/Ringtones/ and upload your ringtones there. after the ringtone is uploaded, rename the filetype from .m4a to .m4r . make sure there is a space between the file name and the m4r extension (Ringtone .m4r)
    if you're on 1.1.2 get a clip of a song then convert it to m4a and change m4a to m4r (without any spaces between the ringtone name and the extension) and open it in itunes (i'm currently using 7.5) and it will show up as ringtone
  4. ipod touch fan

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    thanks to all. But after i posted this. I read of iToner and use it. IT works great expecially that you can add complete songs as ringtones and not 40 secs. Thanks Dou.
  5. ojx

ojx Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    it only plays like 25 seconds of your ringtone when people call... there's no point putting full songs
  6. ipod touch fan

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i know but atleast i have a ringtone. Also i use fission to cut them to what i want.
  7. yylee98

yylee98 New Member

Please help (ringtone)

I have done all the converting and renaming, and dragging it into the ringtone page, but it didn't show up while I was going to sync with my iphone... and, after I clicked 'sync', it said couldn't be copied because couldn't be played with my iphone :'(

I am using a 1.1.1 iphone, friend got it for me from States. I am in New Zealand~\

What should I do now?!
  8. yylee98

yylee98 New Member

Oh by the way, I didn't understand the 'patching MeCCa file' thingy, so I didn't do this part... would that be the reason?! What I have done was basically using other computer software to edit the song (in mp3), and add it to my itunes library, convert to AAC, and rename the extension from m4a to m4r, an drag it to the itunes ringtone page.

P/s: another question, totally unrelated to ringtone, it's regarding mms, maybe can get a bit help?

Please Register or Log in to view images

I finally set all up, and it actually did get sent away coz the history showed up in my phone right after a 'sound'. But I have asked all the recipients, none of them actually received them

Please Register or Log in to view images

Don't what happened....
  9. ipod touch fan

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yes. but when i add the "m4r" file extention and drag it to itunes. It doesn't show up on ringtones. PLS help.
  10. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

sendsong. app found installer send any song from you touch music to ringtones