Iphone ringtone help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Connors ITouch is sick, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Connors ITouch is sick

Connors ITouch is sick New Member

May 11, 2008
    i just got my iphone 3g and was wondering what the best way to get ringtones free is?
  2. roninx

roninx New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    well lets see. i looked on youtube for the one i learned from and basically its a fat kid with no voice trying to explain in 20 minutes how fat he is.

before you do any of this, you want to look for the preferences... and under general and importing you make sure AAC encoding is selected and make it higher quality.

1. pick a song.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. try to find and remember the best 30 seconds of the song and right click, get info.

3. click on options and define the start time (make sure its checked with the starting time entered)
    (likewise for the end time)
    click ok.

4. right click the song again, and you will see "Convert Selection to AAC"
    click that. you will find a copy of the song that is 30 seconds (or whatever time you defined) in length.

5. right click on that one song and select "Show in Finder" (Mac) or "Show in Explorer" (Windows) it will open up a browser window with your file selected.

6. right click on that file and rename it from "ringtone (or whatever).m4a to "ringtone (or whatever).m4r"

7. delete the AAC listing that is 30 seconds in your library

8. then drag that "m4r" file into your itunes ringtones folder.

Optional (if you feel like cleaning up after yourself. and being able to listen to your entire song again)

9. go back to itunes to clean up. basically, right click on your original file; "get info"

10. options > uncheck start time and stop time

and no i'm not a 13 year old with braces giving everyone advice.
    hope this helped.