Iphone restores into recovery screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThePinoyIpod, Feb 12, 2010.

1. ThePinoyIpod

ThePinoyIpod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The iphone I bought from a friend was working fine when he showed it to me. Then when he actually gave it to me it was dead so I figure alright i'll just charge it. Now it's charged and it turned on to the recovery screen. So again I thought alright I'll just restore to 3.1.2 and unlock. So I restored it to 3.1.2 and it went back into recovery mode and itunes said it detected an ipod in recovery mode. So I tried restoring it again same thing. Any suggestions?
    I was gonna try jailbreaking it now to see if it loads anything, but idk if I should.
  2. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I had this issue, and messing around with I can't remember I think it was BlackSn0w got it back into it's original boot.

Just throwing this out there, with certain iPhone's for the time being you need to use blackra1n to get it to boot, as it's a tethered jailbreak.. Which his might have been.

www.blackra1n.com

Open it and click make it ra1n with the iPhone plugged in (Try with phone on and off)

Voila, you'll be fixed

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ThePinoyIpod

ThePinoyIpod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok I got it to boot with blackra1n but now i'm trying to download cydia and it won't connect to my wifi network what now?
  4. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Now that it's booted, plug it in and sync all your contacts, then do a restore, then re-jailbreak.