iPhone Replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Poncho, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Poncho

Poncho New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    So my first gen iPhone is pretty messed up. It has a cracked screen and broken speakers and mic. Touchscreen and Headphones work though. So I wanted to know if I could get a replacement. Would I be able to just walk in to an Apple Store and hand it to them and receive a replacement? This is my first Apple product so I don't really know anything about their services and stuff. How much would a replacement cost?

Do I have to give them any information? I heard they ask for your ATT sim card or something. I don't have an ATT sim card since my mom bought it off some guy on ebay over a year ago. I received it unlocked and jailbroken.

Also, would a restore be able to hide the fact that it's been jailbroken? If I do that I wont be able to use it since I don't have a sim card.
  2. Ulysses_609

Ulysses_609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    they won't be able to do anything for you. Aside from the fact that it is way out of warranty they dont fixed cracked screens. they make you buy one at a "discounted price" roughly about $250 I think?
  3. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Well for one you dont have a warranty,
    second, Apple would probly charge you upwards of 200$
    Now for the jailbroken part you would have to restore.
    And also warranty doesnt cover human error or human damage.
  4. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    1. Unless you have AppleCare (extended warranty), your warranty has expired and you are not eligible for free service (repair or replacement).

2. Neither the standard warranty nor AppleCare covers accidental damage, which is the case for you. You will be paying a consierdable sum of money for a repair.

You're best off buying a 3GS.
  5. Poncho

Poncho New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    So there really isn't anyway of getting a replacement? I would love a 3GS but my mom bought my iPhone off of ebay to have it Unlocked. I wouldn't really want to have a contract with ATT.
  6. Ulysses_609

Ulysses_609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Just buy another iphone off craigslist