iPhone Replacement Service Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AsianOnRoute69, Sep 4, 2009.

1. AsianOnRoute69

AsianOnRoute69 Member

Device:
    iPad
    So, I called applecare today to get a replacement iPhone because I have had some light leak issues with my iPhone. After I told them the issue they automatically filed a claim and said they would need a credit card for a hold of $400 if they didn't receive my iphone when the replacement comes. I willingly gave my credit card number. Now, I received an e-mail stating that if they find no issues with the phone they would want me to return the replacement phone or pay the $400. I just wanted to find out if my problem is sufficient enough to not run into issues with apple. My phone has 4 dot spots of light leek in between the screen and chrome bezel which is visible with the backlight on as well as light leaking through the headphone port and simcard tray. Is this sufficient enough for replacement or will they charge me? Also, my phone is jailbroken and unlocked, if I restore it will apple not notice that it was jailbroken or unlocked?
  2. carfreak95

carfreak95 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hold up.
    So there giving you a replacement even before they receive your old iphone?
    When I sent in my ipod 2 weeks ago, they had to do diagnose it and then see if i'm eligible for a replacement. They never asked for a credit card or anything. They diagnosed the problem and sent me a new one overnight. the entire situation took only 4 days because of express overnight shipping. So I'm not understanding what's happening because they send replacement after they receive the iphone. And yes I also have applecare.
    Now if you restore it, all signs of jb will be gone (just make sure not to restore from backup incase Make It Mine shows). However, I'm unaware if they'll notice it's unlocked because I don't have a phone.

Hope it helps.
  3. AsianOnRoute69

AsianOnRoute69 Member

Device:
    iPad
    i don't think they'll know it is unlocked but, they gave me advanced replacement or option 3 where they send you a replacement iphone first and keep a $400 credit card hold until they receive mine. I just wanted to know if light leaking reasons were sufficient enough to warrant a replacement cuz it is kind of annoying when it is dark at night or something and when I am using my iphone light is seeping through the bezel and headphone jack.
  4. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Restore it beforehand!
    if they see that it's jailbroken, they won't do anything to your iPhone and just send it back