iPhone Repair Needed & another Q.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theguy6792, Nov 20, 2008.

1. theguy6792

theguy6792 New Member

A friend had trouble adding music to his iPhone so he asked me to try it out. When I turn the phone on I get the message - Repair Needed - Then the apple.com/support site. I plug it into itunes and itunes tells me "The iphone cannot be used with itunes because the info required for activation could not be obtained from the iphone. Anybody know what I can do to get it to work again?

ALSO, I was thinking about getting an iPhone for myself but I have verizon. Is there any unlocks or hacks to get them to work with Verizon? I noticed my friends iPhone doesnt have a slot for a sim card and verizon doesnt use sim cards so thats hy I was wondering. Thanks
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1683

Never had that error. If its a hardware issue then your probably going to have to send it to apple for repair.

You can not use any iphone on verizon.
  3. theguy6792

theguy6792 New Member

I finally got itunes to recognize the iphone then tried restoring it 3 times. Every time, I get The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1010). Any ideas?
  4. iphone3gowner!!

iphone3gowner!! New Member

yeah, mine did the same thing, it's a physical error, but they will give you a new one, try dfu mode and then take it to them.