Iphone Questions...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Itchweeed, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Itchweeed

Itchweeed New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey guys my moms gotta a few questions before i get an iphone.

"I understand, from what I've read, that buying an unlocked iphone does not seem to be illegal. What I'm not clear at all on is how you get service after that -- don't you have to purchase time from a company whether it's on a monthly basis or 1 or 2 year contract & if not, is it legal? If there is a problem with the phone, is there any kind of warranty?"

- Itchweeed ' s mom.
  2. biggymac609

biggymac609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    ok about warrant, it depends where you buy the iPhone, buy it straight from apple, you get their warranty, buy it from "a guy" or a friend or wtvr and u gotta ask them.

About service, its the same as any other phone, you get a plan with any company, then you take the sim card they give you and put it in the phone

hope it helped
    click teh scale under my name if it did
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Apple warranty's their iPhone for one year from original date of purchase. It does not matter if you bought it from "a guy" or eBay or wherever. Apple warranties cover the device and not the purchaser.

Buy whichever iPhone you want; new or used. It depends who you want as a cellular provider from there. I opted to go with AT+T's Go-Phone plan. I picked up a dirt cheap Go-Phone from Wal-Mart and ported my cell number onto that SIM card. Have to unlock the iPhone for it to work, but it is still AT+T. Now if I have a problem with the iPhone I put the original SIM back in it (got mine off eBay with original SIM included) and take it to Apple. If I have a problem with my service I take the SIM out and put it into my cheap ass Go-Phone and take it to AT+T.

Also, I carry the Go-Phone with me when I travel just incase I screw up the iPhone or if I want to have a cell phone that I could care less about (skiing, riding, or whatever).

Hope that helps too.
  4. JustinCarpenter

JustinCarpenter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Unlocking the phone will void the warranty, even if you use AT&T's pay as you go. If you use the phone with another carrier, it is legal, but Apple will not help you if it breaks.

(Source: Moms boyfriend works for Apple)
  5. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Absolutely true.
  6. williham

williham New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Technically, yes, but if they can't see that it's been unlocked then they'll give you a new one/repair it.