Iphone Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TripleH13, Dec 16, 2007.

1. TripleH13

TripleH13 New Member

I live in Canada and I know someone who is heading to the US who could pick me up and iphone. I know most likely I will wind up with a 1.1.2 firmware version which can be jailbroken, but not use any sim. Now my questions.

1.)When a fix for 1.1.2 is released is there anyway to turn off the edge service so It's never in use?

2.)If I have the edge service turned off can I still send text messages and use all the other apps just using wifi?

Thanks for any help.
  2. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    1) yes, there is an app named "Sevices" or another named "netservices" that can do that

2) Probably if you are within a wifi point. Mabye not because the SMS app does not work on the touch
  3. TripleH13

TripleH13 New Member

ok thanks for the responses guy, but I have just have a few more question.

Are all the apps that can be in installed on the ipod touch compatable with the iphone for example the gba emulator? And is applying hacks like customizing and making it so your iphone can more pages as apps the same way you do it on the iphone? If not is it easier or harder?
  4. lilskaterpunk

lilskaterpunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I would say yes... I believe all apps that work on iTouch should work on the iPhone, someone correct me if im wrong. I currently have a iTouch and is looking to purchase an iPhone but I cannot find a seller and cannot get far enough into the states to purchase an iPhone... I think every app is meant for the iPhone but since the iTouch does not have the camera and mic and so on... then they just take some of the features out of the app and make it capable for us iTouch users.
  5. clkpaulo

clkpaulo New Member

Language

I would like to learn how to put my iphone in Portuguese? Please help.........