iphone questions 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hackxyz, Aug 15, 2010.

1. hackxyz

hackxyz New Member

Nov 29, 2009
    does the 16 gb iphone 3g have the upgraded parts that the ipod touch 3g 32 and 64 gb have??

and if its unlocked, and i have to restore it for any reason, will it still be unlocked?

and if i get a sim card, and its unlocked, i can go with any cell phone provider with no contract? what cell phone providers do you guys use? what plans?

also, is the latest software for iphone/ipod touch jailbreakable?

and is there anything i should watch out for when buying a used one? i heard some problems about getting locked out or something when connecting to itunes?
  2. Shukketsu.Azuguad

Shukketsu.Azuguad Member

Jun 21, 2009
    No, the Iphone 3G does not have the same hardware. The Iphone 3GS has the same/similar parts to the Ipod touch 3rd gen [32GB and 64Gb].

To the sim card question(s), you should be able to go to any carrier, as long as you unlock the device, and they have a sim card. I use AT&T [so I don't have a purpose to unlock mine]. You might have to get a contract, but I wouldn't know. All of my phones and plans are under contract.
  3. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Feb 14, 2009
    If its unlocked and you restore you would need to unlock it again (unless its factory unlocked)

If the provider you use for your unlocked iphone requires a contract then you would need a contract.

The latest ios 4.0.2 on iphone 3g is unlocked and jailbroken using redsn0w

Make sure the used one is good and working. thats all.