iPhone product replacement 'pending'

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by raEEv3, Jun 24, 2009.

1. raEEv3

raEEv3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    On the 17th, I recieved an empty box to ship my defective iPhone 3G back. It's destination was Markham, Ontario in Canada. The empty box was shipped through FedEx Express from California, and shipped through ground back to Apple headquaters in Eastern Canada. The status of my issue is now at 'product replacement pending' as of June 24th. They recieved my defective iPhone this morning at 8. I'm wondering when they will ship it back? How long will it take, is it through ground or express? Anyone with experiences.

Originally I was told by Apple Care, was that, this experience should only take about a week? I called Apple today (American line) they said they ship back using Ground Shipping? I'm so fustrated, why would you ship an empty box through Express but not with the replacement?

Anyone else with experiences that could confirm? if your in Canada, that's even better. And i'm also wondering if anyone knows if iPhone product replacement gets first priority like express or something since it's a phone not an ipod, anyone know?

Thanks
  2. iJuleguy

iJuleguy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would be pissed off if I were you.

I either do an advanced replacement (where they send you an empty box and a box with a new replacement iPhone in it)-which is 30 bucks, or I take it to the Apple store. I did both during the time that I had my 3G, I replaced it 3 times.
  3. raEEv3

raEEv3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Yeah, but the problem is I don't own a credit card so I wasn't eligable for the advanced replacement. But I guess that would've been a good idea huh? The lady told me it would take 1 week or less, and it seems it won't be delivered anytime soon as I was told it was being shipped through ground (waiting for confirmation from Apple). I was also told not to visit the Apple Store for replacements as the headquaters have better batches, or they can individually inspect them before handing them out. Wether that's true or not, i'm willing to give that a shot considering multiple replacements I have due to defective iPhones. Yes, i'm very picky

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. iJuleguy

iJuleguy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hmm, you may be on to something! My first 3G, that I bought on July 11th while I was in San Antonio; wouldn't see my SIM card after a month(AT&T Store). My second one had a bunch of dust under the screen(advanced replacement), and the third one had the ringer switch fall off(Apple Store). But hey, at least you get a new scratch-free phone!