iphone problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by feveria, Dec 22, 2009.

1. feveria

feveria Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I'm looking for something that will track the place my child goes to, in addition to the text messages that my child sends.He use iphone
  2. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I'm 16, and curious, why the hell would you want to do that?

1. I can't see there being anything that'll tell you where he's going, unless you mean like sites, and stuff, that's a possibility.
    2. Text Messages stay on the phone, unless he's a smart cookie, rebels against you and deletes them.. Like I would!
  3. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    mobileme to track him, or ilocalis... texts stay on the phone
  4. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    dont do it. its just f***ed up. kids now a days do a lot there parents dont want them to do. but MOST of us know right from wrong, even if we choose some wrong. my mom tries to watch what i do and i hate it because i do a lot she cant find out. just let your son do what he wants with his iphone and his friends. now if he is the type who will be in jail in a few years then yea i would do this. but if he seems ok, just let him live his life.
  5. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    agreed. like my parents decided to take my phone every night cuz apparently i text too late. just let him live his life
  6. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Really, how old are both of you? I'm 16, and I text all night, all morning, I have a good 30,000 texts a month and then some. I live with my grandparents, and they're slacker I guess.

I'll say this, when your doing stuff like that, it's gonna piss your kid off, he or she will be sitting there thinking "Wow, she doesn't trust me.. This is bull!". You'll be taking his or her freedom away, and he or she will re-act in a bad way, I promise you that. Us teenagers, when someone challenges us, authority, especially parents, takes things too far, you trigger us to do something we wouldn't do... To prove you right, but at the same time we're getting you back.

My mom took my phone one night, and said I didn't need to go everywhere with it.. So I didn't care to ask what time I was to be home, went out to a party at 9PM, came back around 5 or 6AM, couldn't walk straight and had two girls with me. My mom hasn't taken my phone since...
  7. feveria

feveria Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I only want to protect his safety but not want to know his privacy.Nothing more......
  8. beefstrudel

beefstrudel Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    That doesnt add up lol
  9. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I live with my grandparents. I go to my mom's house every now and then, since she has high-speed or if I wanna go to town and visit friends for a couple nights, or if I'm in another town closer to here's I can go back to her house instead of the 1Hr or whatever drive it is home. Makes life easier on my grandparents.
  10. CeeJay

CeeJay New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    How can you protect him just by knowing where your son is? or by reading his txt messages?

I'm not judging your parenting skills, but you could better sit down with your son so now and then and have a good conversation (not: you can't do this/that conversation) and find out that way what is going on in his life.

If I knew my parents would be observing me I would leave my iphone at home....

Just my 2 cents