iphone pc suite deleted all my music and videos

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by deleted account 11, Mar 11, 2008.

1. iphone pc suite is an awesome program but this is pissing me off! i know i saw someone else with this problem and now i have it. so tell me how to fix this or what i need to do.

When i go on my ipod touch and click music or video. all my music and videos are gone. but when i click the ipod app in the iphone pc suite all my music and video comes up. so what do i do? my photos are fine and everything else. how do i get my music and video back. i already know there still on my ipod cause the memory usage is still the same i think there just hidden? also itunes wont reconize this as a normal ipod. it thinks its in recovery mode. but its not. so please help!!! thanks
  2. someone help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Did you use the App to Modify your iPod in any way?

Also, is it Jailbroken? If so, Which Firmware? Which Method?
  4. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i had exactly this problem yesterday after installing the pc suite. wasnt sure if it was connected or not, but the ipod said no music or vids and iTunes said the ipod could not be recognised and i needed to restore.

anyways, DONT RESTORE yet. heres what worked for me. SSH into the ipod and delete the iTunes_Control folder . yeah, all of it. its in /private/var/root/media/ i think on 1.1.2
    once its deleted plug the ipod back in and itunes will recognise it and ask you if you want to set it up again or do a backup. choose the backup option and all will be good. it will be recognised again as your ipod and you just need to re-sync all your music and videos.

hope it works for you.
  5. Smooth-op

Smooth-op New Member

I installed this program last night on Vista......everything worked perfectly but after reading this my heart started beating hard!! So i checked my music and videos on my pod and....phew! they were all still there

Please Register or Log in to view images

Just shows though how different each PC and Ipod is.......
  6. oh i am on 1.1.2 and its jailbroken dont know what its called but ipodtouchmasters way.
  7. anyone??? help!!!
  8. xx00doom00xx

xx00doom00xx New Member

Humm I had the same problem yesterday and I had my firmware on 1.1.1. I came back home and decided to upload some music from my dads computer so i figured I would use iphone PC suite because itunes resets your music libreary thing is that once I uploaded the music using this program all my other music wasn't being detected by my itouch. So this morning I erased everything

and upgraded to 1.1.4 with all the apps and such then (with no music/video/or pics) on the itouch I used PC suite and I was surprised the music I uploaded was detected. Ok so a couple of hours ago I used itunes to upload some pictures and music (i should have stuck to PC suite) from my pops computer problem now is that I'm back to square one....music is inside my ipod but it's not being displayed...wack

Anyone know anything I can do to fix this Maybe something like Touch roll but for music.
  9. well that was a long time ago. now im 2.0 or 1.2 and im ok without jailbreaking. It saves hassle tweaking my ipod every day. now im free to carry on with my life. anyways my point is dont ever us that stupid program. Stick to itunes. i'll jailbreak or whatever is going to happen when june comes around.
  10. littleman18

littleman18 New Member

ok well im using it and mine works fine apart from getting the music from my ipod to pc thats all but if its on your pcsuit select them all and download to pc it takes a while so leave it over night if your ipod says you still have them on and pc suit wnt let you see them but im affraid your gnna have to restore

sorry