IPhone owners mad?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by SteelFlex, Jan 16, 2008.

1. SteelFlex

SteelFlex Banned

If i was an iphone owner, i would be pretty mad with these new apps available for the ipod. I mean lots of people payed hundreds to quit their cell phone contracts to bge able to use it, then they give the itouch with everything but the phone (and some apps), now itouch owners have the apps (without the phone), jailbreakers can use VOIP for free. So an original iphone owner probably dropped 1000 bucks, and an ipod owner drops less than 300 and has the same stuff.
  2. Makki

Makki New Member

Do not even try to compare the voip with the iphone as there is no similarities at all. First off the voip is pretty precarious at best and so what if touch has a few apps i am sure iphone owners ran out and bought their iphones to get the apps. That would pretty damn dumb .
  3. SteelFlex

SteelFlex Banned

not saying the ipod touch with voip beats the phone in any case. VOIP is when in WIFI only and calling out. But now the phone and texting is the only thing that seperates the ipod from the phone. And the touch has the itunes store (pretty sure the iphone doesnt). So now you can legally have nearly everything the iphone has.

I think i would rather have my verizon phone and itouch with apps rather than just the iphone. plus mine is hacked and is way better than a stock iphone anyway

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. android6011

android6011 New Member

hence the phone part bud. the point of buying the iphone was having a phone and ipod in one, instead of carrying 2 different devices. so for the convenience is most likely what the original purchasers wanted
  5. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

I don't think iPhone owners are "mad" that iPod touch owners get the same apps as them. For the most part, they chose an iPhone over an iPod touch because they had the extra money to spend, and because of the convenience of having a phone with free internet anywhere as well as all the features of what is now the iPod touch, in one device.

If anything, iPod touch owners were being ripped off for not having the 4 extra apps in the first place, when the only reason for not including them in the first place was to entice more people to buy the iPhone.
  6. kinematic@yahoo.com

kinematic@yahoo.com New Member

Convergence

The primary reason for people who love the iPhone is the convergence of technology. Not because the apps are cool alone.

Personally I don't need to have my PMP and Phone together, although I did want my PMP to be more hence the purchase of the iPod touch and jailbreaking it.

The biggest reason for homebrew and jailbreaking's growth is partially from because it can be done and secondly, iPhone isn't for everyone.

I have a push to talk phone and the iPhone can't do that, but I don't care to ditch it because it's paid for by my work and it's very handy when working remotely and need to 'walkie' with my co workers. When I need to look up info or be entertained, I pull out the iPod touch.

If I was an iPhone owner (which I can easily afford) I wouldn't be pissed off about this recent update. However that said, as a iPod touch user, I'm offended that they want $20 for the upgrade. So in the end I don't care enough to upgrade to 1.1.3 and will continue to use my Jailbroken iPod to give me all the same benefits of 1.1.3
  7. Bitter

Bitter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Can't I just turn this around on you and bring up the iTunes WiFi Store? Remember that came out for iPod touch, Apple decided to use it on iPhone too once the iPod touch was released, so technically, I can make a claim that I am mad that iPhone users get the WiFi Store when that was an iPod touch application.

I don't think you should worry about it. You didn't have to pay $20 for the apps. You aren't the one getting ripped off, we are.

Bitter.
  8. jonboy

jonboy New Member

The iPhone does have the iTunes store. It came with 1.1.1.