iOS 4.0 iPhone OS 4 on Windows?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by stanleybridgeboy, Apr 12, 2010.

1. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hey,

I'm wondering if it's possible to restore to 4.0 in Windows? I know you can downgrade... But I'm having trouble upgrading.

I get error code 13 or 15... Just depends.

Should I try Alt+Shift & click restore?

TIP: Anyone who has a failed restore or update... Just run redsn0w 0.94 and point to 3.1.2, click already pwned and it'll boot your iDevice the way it was before you tried to restore/update.
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Currently, there is no way to restore to the 4.0 firmware using Windows.

I don't own a mac, so I got a little more creative. My solution was to make a virtual machine (takes some time and experience), or you could hackintosh. That takes even more time and experience.

But really, from my P.O.V, the firmware isn't usable for everybody yet. I'd wait on it for a little longer; beta 3 is usually where things start to get nice.
  3. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Alright, well I'm trying to get into the developing aspects of apps. I was gonna work towards a jailbreak, but I've been beaten to the race and now I'm looking into making a GUI Tool or at-least a tutorial.

Regarldess; Will the beta's be available with Windows in the future? I don't think I can wait until June to get it....
  4. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i am wondering the same so im currently installing the programs for a virtual machine
  5. DWY

DWY Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I want it bad too I would create a virtual machine but mything is having to pay he $5 yes I know that's not a lot but still.
  6. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  7. DWY

DWY Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ehhh I'll be safe and edit that out...
  8. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    smart , do you think this error 13 is a bug or do you think apple wanted for it to be like this
  9. DWY

DWY Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think Apple did it. If it was a bug and they cared about windows users i think they wouldve fixed it by now. But that's just me... Could be more to it.
  10. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I'm sure it is a bug; they want as much user beta testing as they can get, to avoid a 2.0-like meltdown with the firmware. I'm almost positive it isn't some conspiracy against Windows users (after all, it's easy to get around that restriction by, like I mentioned, Hackintoshing or running OSX in a Virtual Machine).

I'd expect it to be fixed soon, probably by the time beta 2 hits. Virtual machines are well worth the money, IMO, and I highly recommend them.