iPhone OS 3.0: The Reality

Discussion in 'iPhone OS 3.0 - March 17th 2009 Preview Event' started by SiXAXiS, Mar 13, 2009.

1. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have been seeing a lot of threads around this forum, they provide a lot of information but i feel like it is "incomplete". So I'm going to try and complete this.

First of all, i have been seeing a lot of people ranting about stuff like flash saying "KEEP DREAMING!" or "its not going to happen". In reality, nobody knows, but it is definitely possible. Flash can be available on iPhone if Adobe is making a special version for it for the iPhone OS. If they are making it like they have claimed, than there might be a chance of seeing it in iPhone 3.0

The Second thing i keep seeing around the forums is that there will be a "New" Springboard. Well when they mean new, they can do one of the two things.

1. Make a Completely new UI
    2. Re-code the entire UI

Now if one of these two will happen, there will probably still be a jailbreak for 3.0, so there will be themes. I have seen threads regarding the topic of theming on iPhone 3.0, but i would like to state a few things. 1. If Apple didn't change the UI much, most of the themes can be ported or 2. If Apple completely re-designed the UI then there will be a little modifying of the themes. either way there still will be themeing in 3.0 if it becomes Jailbroken. Also Apple will NOT allow themes on the iPhone OS.

The third thing i would like to talk about is the small little features. I am pretty sure they will include these in the OS:

• Push Notification
    • Copy and Paste**
    • Bug Fixes
    • Full Landscape UI**
    • YouTube in HD**
    • Landscape Mail**
    • MMS Messaging**
    • Video Camera**
    **= A Feature that might be included but maybe not.

Now the last thing i would like to talk about is Jailbreakablility. There will always be Jailbreaks unless Apple makes a "Perfect" OS, but that not going to happen. So for all of those who are eager to get Jailbreaking, give it some time and your wish may come. Also if you would like to view my resources, check all over the forum and here.

If you have anymore questions I will do my best to answer them. I hope this helped some people.​
  2. TeNsTrKe15

TeNsTrKe15 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks for clearing everything up. great thread and it could potentially put most questions to rest
  3. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    If there are more questions I will try and answer them and update the thread.
  4. linkhero

linkhero New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I like this part the most because its true
  5. TeNsTrKe15

TeNsTrKe15 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well thats good. i personally don't have any questions but you definitely seem to know what you're talking about so if i have questions i will ask
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Reality usually has evidence or sources. What you are doing is no different from the other threads in this section. Nothing but speculation. Try to keep them all in ONE thread please.
  7. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Un-center the list, it looks stupid with the dots on the side and list content in the middle.
    Also, how do you know Push Notifications are coming? I'm not saying they aren't, but there should be a '**' beside that too.
  8. Jelly

Jelly Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Great thread. Sadly, only Apple knows what Apples doing. Usually when it's a antijailbreak update, they add tiny things that people have been asking for. That makes it more likely to get people to update. They take a bunch of stupid stuff and make it look great, and we fall for it. I bet they'll add shake to shuffle in this update. -written on my iPod touch
  9. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    This is all "I think....I think...."

As Tes said, you are doing the same thing as everybody else.
    Your feature list is laughable
    "features I think will be added"
    then you put **'s next to things "Features that might be included but maybe not."
    First off, you have no idea whats going to be added, so the **'s should be placed next to everything