iPhone OS 3.0 release date.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by carpz, Jun 7, 2009.

1. carpz

carpz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I was on the phone with a CSR from rogers just a minute ago and she was the nicest girl ever, we were talking about the new iphone and iphone os 3.0 and she had told me that the CSR's have just started training for 3.0, meaning that a WWDC release may not be correct, she also told me that a new iphone is not being released tomorow becuase they always know about new phones, even iphones a couple days in advance. she said that she is expecting a summer release for 3.0 and a summer or christmas release for the new iphone.
    she also heard about the light up apple logo at the back and im guessing this is true, just hopefully it includes a Xenon flash

Please Register or Log in to view images

she also told me that when upgrading from smartphone to smartphone on rogers you have to wait 24 months before you are eligle to upgrade, meaning that us iphone and rogers users could not upgrade to the new iphone if it does come out.
    but dont forget when the iphone 3G came out rogers had a 'special' promotion that allowed you to upgrade to the iphone even if you only were on your contract for 3 months, lets just hope this is the case when the new one comes out too.
  2. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    June=Summer.
  3. carpz

carpz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    oh, thanks.
    didnt realize that....?
    im just saying its probably not tomorow becuase they just started training now.
    EDIT:
    she also told me that they are thinking of including a blackberry messenger-like application built into every iphone, to compete with RIM
    iChat anyone?

Please Register or Log in to view images

and she also heard about multiple colors being available.
  4. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I doubt anyone working at a service provider would know inside stuff about the iPhone. I'm on good terms with someone who works at the local AT&T store, and he stated that the only notifications they get are for new hardware or price drops.
  5. eladc

eladc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The release date is today 100% sure, the reason is that they release it with the new iPhone which will be shown for the first time today and will be available in the stores from today, so obviously the new OS will be available also for the iPod Touches and for the iPhones.
  6. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    and you have a source to say it's released today? the last wwdc had the OS previewed and then later released in july to coincide with iPhone
  7. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It will probably be released with the new iphone. I would't get your hopes up.
  8. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I agree, I am sure apple only tells the employees, not the service providers. They keep their stuff on a tight need-to-know-bases. I have been browsing Cnet and they say there is an almost 100% chance that 3.0 and the new iPhone is going to be released at the wwdc.
  9. eladc

eladc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    2 papers in Israel wrote that.