Iphone or Ipod Touch???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iphonekid805, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Iphonekid805

Iphonekid805 New Member

Ok so this is my first post.

Anyways, I just got an 8gb Iphone.
    I have NOT opened it due to the fact that I am not sure if I want an Ipod touch instead. Most of you are thinking, "Why the hell would he go from iphone to ipod touch?"

I want to jailbreak the iphone but have heard some bad reports. I have heard that the Ipod touch is more capable of jailbreaking. I want to install Summerboard and some other cool features.

So, should I stay with the Iphone or get an Ipod touch???

I WOULD LIKE HELP BY SATURDAY BECAUSE THAT IS WHEN THE RETURN DATE ENDS.
    Thank You!
  2. kcl38

kcl38 New Member

Well, do you want a phone? What about the camera? If you don't really care about any of those just go with the Touch. I am soon going to be upgrading to an iPhone because I'd like all of those extra features and the awesomeness of jailbreaking has kinda faded for me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Iphonekid805

Iphonekid805 New Member

Yeah, I desperately need a phone (mine is a free phone from Verizon that has sand in it and rings when it is on silent and rings + vibrates when it is on vibrate mode).

A camera I would like since I don't own one.

4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I'm 99% positive that an iphone will not work on verizons network. There not a GSM network (No Sim Card)

Oh and the iPhone is much better then the touch. Theres a camera, built in speakers, Native SMS, internet everywhere (edge) big plus! and of course a phone. I'm sure theres other features I'm forgetting. Oh and from what i noticed the battery seems to last longer.
  5. Iphonekid805

Iphonekid805 New Member

Yeah i know that. Thanks anyways though!

REP ADDED!

Looks like im going with the Iphone!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Magically delicious

Magically delicious New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I already had a cool phone but no ipod so I chose the ipod touch. +$100 cheaper
  7. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    A LOT longer, my iPod touch maybe lasts 2-3 hours with screen on, set to maximum brightness, while my friend's iPhone lasts almost 10 hours with screen on the whole time, and set to maximum brightness.
  8. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah but u got to also think do u think u may be getting the new iphones and ipod touches coming from apple soon? i heard they made a better chip so u can run multiple programs so u can run mail and safri with no problem and it also will be way faster.

Oh yeah also if u mess up ur iphone do u have to redo ur service too? i got an ipod touch and i love it. Yeah i don't got edge web but it isn't that great and a lot of places has wifi so i can hook up to the free ones. If i mess up i just rejailbreak and thats it. Yes i got a cell phone but i use it to call ppl thats about it and texting is easer on the phone then the iphone. and ull save 100 dollars or just get the 16gb or 32gb if u got the money. Also the camera its not that great not good quality, the speakers how many times will u be using that not much u would probably use ur headphones more but its ur choice.
  9. MadMoney

MadMoney New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i was oraginaly going to get the 8gb iphone but i realized that i had over 2000 songs so i decided to go for the 16 gb ipod touch and i arealdy have a nice phone. So it really depends on how much music you have

10. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey westman nice advatar u should have him going to smoke and then burning ukp that would be awesome