Iphone or Ipod Touch??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipodtouchmaster05, Oct 20, 2007.

1. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    hey guys, i was thinking of selling my ipod touch to get an iphone. A couple of reasons.
    1. i can get an unlocked 8gb iphone for $425 off of ebay.
    2. I can still have all my apps from the ipod touch, and get them on my iphone.
    3. The iphone is unlocked with the latest firmware, 1.1.1
    4. It has more features than the ipod, mainly the phone
    5. all i have is about 1 gig worth of music, and only a few movies.

So i am right in the middle, i'm not sure what to do. So if you guys can help me out a little, persuade me to get the iphone, or keep the ipod touch. Thanks
  2. katalyst785

katalyst785 New Member

I am thinking of having both.

I know its kind of silly but I have the touch and used your video to jailbreak it But I really want an iphone know I had no Idea how cool the touchsreen apples were. Thanks for the tutorial though it worked really well.
  3. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    both?? thats a bit of money..i have to choose 1 or the other
  4. killerkid13

killerkid13 New Member

i'd get the iphone, theres much more to do with it, i didnt want one when i got my touch becuase first, i had a phone and my dad blocked the internet and mails and such on my phone, so if i got an iphone, it still would be blocked, and 2nd because i didnt know about unlocking or jailbreaking it, but its only a $100 more, so i would go with the phone
  5. computer_geek_19

computer_geek_19 New Member

Well personally, I would prefer the touch over the iphone since I am those type of people who don't like to have lots of things in one device, like music player with phone,once the battery dies you are out of both music player and phone. But everything depends on how you look at it, do you benefit more from just having the iphone or would you prefer the touch and a cell phone? The only reason I could think of choosing an iphone over a touch is the built in camera but then again I don't take a lot of pics.
  6. petvas

petvas New Member

I would get the iPhone if I was in your place.
  7. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    For me the iPhone was not an option because of its inability to synch with Exchange email. I use my Windows Mobile phone to stay on top of email and meetings which requires Exchange synch.

It would be nice to have an all-in-one device but I don't think 8G is really enough for me. I expect to have 3 or 4 full length movies and perhaps 3 or 4 TV episodes loaded along with my music. I think 8G would be pushing it.
  8. krnk13579

krnk13579 New Member

I agree with you, also at&t service kind of sucks, when I tested out the Internet on evdo mode at the Chicago apple store it couldn't even load gizmodo so i can't see a good reason to get the phoneinstead of the touch.
  9. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

For me, in the UK the iPhone is not a great choice - yet.

It doesn't have 3G, which I use all the time, or MMS (picture messaging) which I use a lot either, and the camera is pretty low quality. My current personal phone has a 5MP camera with optical zoom!
  10. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Stay with the touch. If you get the iPhone youre gonna want an unlimited data plan, and those cost a fortune.