iPhone: Optus Price Plans in Australia

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by papachango, Jun 11, 2008.

1. papachango

papachango New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    iPhone: Optus Price Plans in Australia (EDIT: Wrong)

EDIT: Looks like their reliable source wasn't so reliable after all:
    http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/06/exclusive_optus_iphone_pricing_details.html

---------------------------------------------

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/06/exclusive_optus_iphone_pricing_details.html

No pay as you go (DAMN!) and FRICKIN expensive .... Aussie getting raped again.

From Gizmodo AU:

* *The iPhone is only available on a 24 month contract - you can't purchase it outright
    * *The 8GB model will cost $220, the 16GB $330
    * *Only the 16GB is available in white
    * *Optus won't be selling accessories - they will be sold through the Apple store
    * *There will be two plans available: a $79 cap with 1GB data and $300 worth of calls; and a $99 cap with 3GB of data and $400 worth of calls
    * *Both plans include Visual Voicemail
    * *30c flagfall; 35c per 30 seconds talk, 25c SMS messages

Could some one on a plan in Oz make some comparisons for us? (i'm not on one)
  2. Katryss

Katryss Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Excessive pricing!

Curious to see if Vodafone will offer a more competitive pricing plan. Let's hope so!

Still, with a 24 month lock-in contract and such high monthly charges, those of us who already have an iPhone and are looking to sell may find that we can get a lot more than we expected when trying to offload our 1st generation models in Australia.

Anyone who's interested in buying an unlocked 16gig iPhone that can be used on ANY of the 3 big networks and on any plan/pre-paid account and DOESN'T want to be locked into such a pricey deal for a new toy, PM me.

I'm looking to sell mine. It's only 3 months old and in VERY good condition.
    Will be looking for offers over the retail price of the new 3g models.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Freefall

Freefall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    that is sh*t

i have waited for so long for it to be released and i finally convinced my parents into letting me get one, now at THAT price, $80 a month i almost fainted

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. papachango

papachango New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it's totally shutting out half the population. I wouldn't care if the value for money on the calls/data was sh*t ... but i want the iPHONE not their great value service
  5. jniranjan

jniranjan Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you NEED to get the facts right. according to yesterday's smh, both vodafone and optus will be offering the iphone on contract and PREPAID. Don't believe me? Look here. http://www.smh.com.au/news/biztech/...g-iphone/2008/06/10/1212863577325.html?page=2

Quote:"Both carriers will also be offering the iPhone on a prepaid basis. Customers who choose this option usually buy the phone outright, with the phones locked to a specific network."
  6. shajiby

shajiby New Member

i think i read today that they confirmed from smh that those plan details were false and prepaid is available on optus too
  7. nicholasp91

nicholasp91 New Member

yea i read somewhere on the net n it said optus and vodafone will offer prepaid plans

any predictions on the prepaid plans? $200?
  8. lightscribe

lightscribe New Member

If they were real, who would be stupid enough to pay that much?
  9. shajiby

shajiby New Member

i would say that the iphone would cost like $700 on prepaid!
  10. squire51

squire51 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    80 bucks!!! wtf this is gay i thought this was a new revolution where the iphone would be cheap and its the best and all this. but thats stupid and u cant even buy it out right! on the add its like now half the price. WTF RAGE RAGE RAGE