Iphone on Verizon Wireless?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickswitz, Apr 28, 2009.

1. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Ever heard of yellowsnow? If I ever go to Verizon I will get the storm. But yea I saw this a few days ago on engadget.
  3. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    just so you know, the storm is total crap, it sucks, yellowsnow won't work because of the fact that verizon is on an EVDO network and AT&T uses EDGE, they use different frequencies, so you can't unlock the iphone and use it on verizon. It will be using either EVDO or the new LTE that is supposed to be coming out in 2010.
  4. E93

E93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Saw this on the news today.
    Just hope that they won't be too much different from one another, because that would be annoying.
    Verizon version of phones can get retarded.

And yeah, there's no point to using Yellowsnow, because Verizon doesn't use SIM cards, they have CDMA (or at least that's what it used to be called).
  5. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I also heard this was on the news, and read about it earlier.
    I also am a Verizon user and hope they get the iPhone.

But, I'm not sure if it will make it.
    AT&T's sales did really well and went up with the iPhone, no doubt.
    They're going to put up a fight to keep Apple on their side.
  6. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    But now that Steve Jobs isn't the one doing the actual negotiations there may be a change in pace. Plus the fact that Apple seems to want more consumers, they may make it so AT&T and Verizon have the iPhone,
    Because Verizon iPhone+AT&T iPhone = lots of revenue for Apple.
  7. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    That'll never happen.
    Special devices like this are made exclusive. This, in turn, makes other people leave their phone companies and move to whatever company holds it. That racks in a lot more cash for both Apple and AT&T/Verizon, while other companies lose it. There's contracts that prevent this, anyways.

About Mr. Jobs: He's still taking part in big things, whether he is there or not.
    Switching services is a big thing.
  8. Mordith

Mordith New Member

I'm using a loaner iPhone 3G from my dad's work (If any of you have ever had Oberto Beef Jerky) and I like it but in my opinion is just too much work and expense to leave Verizon and hop over to AT&T for it only to see that they move to Verizon. If they do make this move I would be definitely one of the first people on Verizon to stand in line for one of these bad boy's; in business term's its a great idea on Apples part but, people that have hopped over to AT&T for the iPhone won't be too happy.
  9. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    They will support the AT&T side of things, but may not continue making AT&T version iPhones, If they do make more AT&T version iPhones then that would please many people I'm sure, and I just really want verizon to accept it this time, and not decrease the stats on it like they do most of the time.
  10. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    They aren't switching, they are just opening the platform up to other carriers. And it may occur in the next 6 months.