iPhone on O2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kezlehan, Mar 5, 2009.

1. kezlehan

kezlehan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So I've been looking at getting the iphone on O2 on a contract. It comes with an unlimited data plan, 600 free minutes (or near 600 can't remember) and 500 free texts. This is enough for me. It costs £34.99 a month, and you have to pay £150 for the phone.
    My question is, will my monthly bill be the only bill I pay? By that I mean I won't get charges for using the internet or anything like for using 3G and stuff? I know its an unlimited data plan, but these companies always find ways of charging you for something else. Also, what does "roaming" mean, because it says you get charged for that.
    So yeah if I'll only pay £34.99 a month then I think that's a really good deal, almost too good, which is why I questioned it.
  2. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I used 1.2G on 3g Data last month and no charge.

The fair usage policy is not excessive streaming and about 2G limit a month
  3. kezlehan

kezlehan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Cool thanks for the reply. One other question, is the iphone constantly connected to the internet? So like always receiving data?
  4. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yes,

It will always have a connection on 3G / Edge / GPRS if it is available but it will not ALWAYS be receiving data. only when using an app that requires it.

P.S I use an average of 400mb per month, the 1+gb in the above post is due to the fact I moved into my new house and had to tether the internet to my laptop for a while.
  5. kezlehan

kezlehan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Right sounds good, thanks for the help
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    So I've decided I want to stay with my orange contract and get an unlocked iPhone. I want to change my orange tarriff to one where I get unlimited web browsing, is this the same as an unlimited data plan from O2?