iPhone on MGTEK Dopisp

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jedimattk, Jan 1, 2010.

1. jedimattk

jedimattk Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I hate iTunes. There, I said it. I hate the unfriendly interface, the ugly design, the way it tries to take over your computer, and most of all the ungodly amount of space it takes up.

I've been looking for a way - any way - to sync my iPhone without using iTunes ever since I got it. Now, earlier tonight, I chanced upon an awesome-looking Windows Media Player plug-in called Dopisp which allows you to sync music and videos back and forth between your iPod/iPhone and WMP. It doesn't need iTunes at all unless you have iPhone OS 3.0!!!

Now, here's the instructions they provide for "a workaround" to make your iPhone or iPod touch with 3.0 work using their plug-in:

So! I now can sync my iPhone using WMP, but I still have to keep the much-loathed iTunes around to do so. According to MGTEK, all you need iTunes for is to "cause the databases to be updated on your iPhone." Isn't there some way I can do this without using iTunes? Like a jailbreak app, or a terminal command, or something?
  2. jedimattk

jedimattk Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Bump ... I need to know whether or not I can uninstall iTunes and buy the full version of the plug-in. Like, soon. Anyone have any ideas?