Iphone not working? (3g)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by knifeproz, Jun 3, 2009.

1. knifeproz

knifeproz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey guys i have a friend and her iphone isn't workign. it wont hard/soft boot, and it all started after her dogs chewed on her iphone. she was using it perfectly fine adn then the white screen of death came up. she fixed it with her dad by reseting it, but it happened again....but now the screen wont turn on and it wont reboot/reset...also its not recognized by itunes...what should i do? thanks for all help
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Ummm; Shoot the dogs!!

Although it wouldn't technically be covered by warranty if it is still under the one year mark I'd take it back to Apple.

It sounds to me like a hardware issue.
  3. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Apple doesn't cover accidental damage, even if it is hardware related. In your case I'd say time to pull out that wallet.
  4. knifeproz

knifeproz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks for the reply but see, the thing is it WAS working till the white screen of death showed up a bit later while using it...it was workign fine till the screen of death shut the iphone off for good
  5. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Sounds like an attempt to troll. Get one of them "so i was listening to my ipod in the shower and now it wont work" posts happening.

I have to say, the dog chewing on it, probably killed it. Anyone else with half a brain could reasonably ascertain that if a dog chewed on almost anything, it would kill it. Why ask a stupid question ?

Personally, i would be more amazed with a "hey my dog chewed on my phone and it still works" post.
  6. anniex423

anniex423 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Have you tried putting it in recovery mode then seeing if it will turn back on and iTunes will recognize it?