iPhone not syncing with Itunes, Error code 0xE8000065 PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gibbo_1992, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Gibbo_1992

Gibbo_1992 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Hi,
    Recently I connected my iPhone to my Laptop (Inspiron 1501, running windows vista) and this error message appeared saying it cannot connect because an unknown error occured (Error 0xE8000065). The phone is connecting to the computers fine because it is showing in the device manager, charges fine and sometimes shows up as a camera. I have tried numerous solutions such as reinstalling itunes, restoring the iPhone, trying new USB leads and still nothing. I have tried it on my PC (Vista)and my sisters laptop (XP)and still the same error occurs. The phone has been working fine for the past 2 years and syncing perfectly. I have even been to my local Apple Store and the Genius Bar thing and they got it to sync fine on their computers. The person their said it must be a network problem because all the computers are in the same house. When I do connect my phone it does block the internet for some reason and so this makes me think it is a network problem. The only thing I can think of was when I moved my router from my desktop pc to the hall because I was having connection difficulties with my PS3. So I moved that back and still the same problem. Please give me a solution as I dont want to buy a new phone.
    Thanks for any help given,
    James
  2. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    First of all, make sure you are using the most recent version of iTunes (v9.0.2). It is required for all iPod Touches and iPhones running a firmware >3.1. You may want to try to syncronize your iPhone on a friends/family members computer to see if the problem persists. Have you done a restore from a backup? If you did that, try setting it up as a "new device"… also, if it shuts off your Internet, then you may have tethering enabled on the iPhone. I recall having issues like that so you may want to check that out. It may also be your network or your PC's firewall settings. Try temporarily disabling it and syncronizing it to see if it works.
  3. Gibbo_1992

Gibbo_1992 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Thank you RoyalX

Thank you so much royalx, it turned out to be my new firewall software, you've saved me so much bother,
    Cheers again