iPhone... Not So Safe?

Discussion in 'iPod touch in the Enterprise' started by Forgotten Memory, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forgotten Memory

Forgotten Memory New Member

I was reading a Laptop magazine and they mentioned the iPhone not being safe

"how many hackers have already "hacked" the iPhone" something around there saying how would that look on the Enterprise world security wise.

My question is what is needed to be secured though? Emails? Music? Huh?
  2. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    maybe they were mentioning jailbreaking?
  3. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

if someone is targeting a certain person or business it doesn't really matter how secure you think you are

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. ‹React™›

‹React™› New Member

z0mg.

Anti-Virus suites for iPhones.

I knew it was going to fall this low someday..
    Companies like Norton and AVG are gonna make a fortune if people do start doing this.
  5. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    how can they make anti virus? if its a big company like that theyll most likely develop with the SDK and put it in the appstore.

but apple said that no apps can run in the background. so idk how it will work.

maybe apple will make an exception. well thats very unlikely, also it would slow the iphone down
  6. ‹React™›

‹React™› New Member

Exactly.

iPhone owners beware.
  7. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I said 1000x here ;p By JB you destroying device security by yourself. As some "Dimension Witch" said: "For every wish, you pay equal price" in this situation is security ;p
  8. Fehr

Fehr New Member

Once upon a time, they did have an AV program from Norton in Installer (this was quite a while ago). I didn't actually get to try it out, but I did see it there. Now, it's labeled as "This does not work anymore" or something like that.

I don't see AV programs being particularly useful on the iPod or iPhone. You should just be careful when running programs and surfing the web. If something does happen, a careful restore should always suffice.
  9. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    My iphone is jailbroken and I feel as safe as ever. I only install JB applications from people and sources I trust and keep SSH turned off when not in use. The only damage that can be done to my iphone is damage I did myself. By installing crappy software.

Theres always some risk to any devise. There all hackable even the blackberry has weaknesses.

Jailbroken or not theres still risk. There was already one app in the appstore that leaked peoples contacts and personal info. That was unintentional but who's to stop someone from releasing one that does things like that intentionally?

You most definitely run a greater risk if you phone is jailbroken but if your using your phone for business then you should be a lot more careful with your phone and not jailbreak it and you can lower the risk by researching that app your going to install before you do or at least verifying that the creator is trustworthy.
  10. Forgotten Memory

Forgotten Memory New Member

I mean I understad the security thing on the iphone now my question is how does that "remote" wipe out work anyways incase the phone is stolen.

And will they or do they already have some sort of lo jack for the iphone? I mean it can track location through google maps....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.