iPhone No-Show at WWDC 2009?

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by Germany, May 14, 2009.

?

When do you think the new iPhone will be launched?

1. WWDC 2009

61.5%
  2. Several weeks later with Steve Jobs returning.

30.8%
  3. Never.

7.7%
  1. Germany

Germany Banned

With all the new iPhone buzz, Apple may be planning to hold off the iPhone release and focus on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard at the Worldwide Developers Conference 2009. Is this a reason to be worried? Definitely not. Analysts and investors claim that Apple may just happen to wait until Steve Jobs' return to launch the new iPhone. If Apple decides to hold off, it probably won't be more than several weeks until they release the iPhone. It's hard to say when it will released but as of now, all eyes are focused on WWDC 2009.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Below is an article written by Katie Marsal of AppleInsider.com about the possibility of a late June launch instead of the highly expected WWDC 2009 launch. Either way, the new iPhone is sure to awe. Apple has something up it's sleeve, but as in the past, it is hard to say what might happen with the new iPhone. OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard will be great to see, but many people are also looking forward to the new iPhone. Is there any reason not to be excited?

Source: http://www.appleinsider.com/

Direct link to article: Here
  2. Duykur

Duykur Banned

umm, is there any reason why there WON'T be a new iphone? Just because they Focus on Snow Leopard (Which i want more) it doesn't necessarily mean that the iphone 4g/3g3g is out.
  3. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    He's not saying that there won't be a new iPhone coming to us soon, He's saying that people are really expecting a New iPhone announcement at WWDC 2009... And there most likely won't be one. If Apple is focusing on Snow Leopard, Then why would they announce the new iPhone to take all of the attention?

It seems very reasonable though...
    Especially with Steve Jobs not being there. If Apple is having a special event any time after June 12th, I'm sure you all know what it might be

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Germany

Germany Banned

I didn't necessarily say that they won't launch it at WWDC 2009. I'm saying it is a possibility that they won't. I'm not affiliated with Apple so I honestly don't know. The iPhone could be released at WWDC or at a later event. I personally think that Apple won't focus on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and the new iPhone at the same time. That could possibly hurt one product or the other.
  5. gammaraptor

gammaraptor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think they will, but you just have to see. But it's coming out that's for sure
  6. Germany

Germany Banned

You think they will what? Lol.
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Welcome to yesterday
  8. Germany

Germany Banned

I'm sorry that you read this already. I wanted more people on iPod Touch Fans to see it and be able to discuss it. Anyways, it doesn't matter if it isn't 5 minute old news does it?
  9. PG2

PG2 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Welcome to reading the paper on the can ( if you don't know what i mean look at your avatar and be creative )

But this is really interesting, I will have to keep watching this.
  10. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    iWant a new iPhone.