iPhone no.5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xhiea, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Well, I just got out of the apple store with my fifth iPhone. I originally went in looking for a screen replacement, which they did, but they gave me a really... Yellow screen. So I went stright back in and they swapped out my phone, givig
    me another... Yellow screen. Here's the issue, they left a note on my registration profile saying that I am not allowed any more service on my screen! What BS my warrenty should cover any screen problems, not a limited amount, I was going to purchase apple care but I really can't be bothered now knowing that if there are any problems with my screen, apple won't touch it. O well looks like I'm going to have to see yellow as the new White :/
  2. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Complain to the store manager and demand he exchanges our iPhone and removes this note. If that does not help, call Apple and complain. Tell them if they do not exchange your iPhone you will sue them. Also you might want to inform your carrier about this and tell them if Apple refuses to provide the service you will refuse to pay your bills.
  3. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    All iPhone 3G/3GS screens are yellow.

The iPod touch has a great clear screen, definitely the best.
  4. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i compared it to a 3GS in store and my screen is much much more yellow, the display model seemed perfectly white compared to mine
  5. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    No, they're not. Mine's perfect.
  6. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Good for you. Ever compared it to an iPod touch? Cause you can barely see it without comparing it to another device.

Have had 2 3G's and 2 3GS's, they all had that yellow screen...
  7. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I own both a 1G and a 2G touch. There's no difference in the hue of the screen when viewed side by side with my 3GS. The viewing angle is reduced because of the oleophobic coating, but other than that, they look exactly the same.
  8. 3gsreviewer

3gsreviewer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    hmmm....when I compared my 3GS to my dad's 3G, mint DID seem to have a yellowish tint

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I can't agree with that. The 2G touch has much more colors. Look at the notes app icon. On the 1G you can't see the lines that clear, on the 2G u see them very clear. And put 2 colors side by side, you'll see that the 2G screen is more vibrant.
  10. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The yellow tint makes it easier on the eyes. I have no problem with mine, comapring my 3gs to my 3g