iPhone Nano 3G concept.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Edin., Jan 6, 2009.

?

Would you ever purchase an iPhone nano 3G?

Poll closed Jan 6, 2010.
  1. Yes.

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. No.

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  3. We'll see.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Edin.

Edin. New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

Okay, this isn't real unfortunately, I made this myself using Paintshop Pro 7. It took about 30-45 minutes to put it all together to be honest. It was mostly brainstorming. I didn't want to make a small iPhone, which of course isn't what we want. However, I did trim down the depth of the phone which is 0.33''. The same depth as the 2G iPod Touch.

This was made purely for fun and to give you a visual on what I believe should be the next iPhone. The iPhone nano 3G. Now, if you see the image below this, you should see a small list of improvements that the current iPhone that we have doesn't. You can say a 2.3 firmware update, but I'll consider it exclusively for the nano 3G.

The nano 3G's lockscreen. The four apps on the lockscreen are tap-able. You can set a passcode for those apps just as setting a passcode on the lockscreen itself. The background is black, although you can change it using the App Store's pre-made themes/backgrounds or user made themes/backgrounds.

Now, if an iPhone nano 3G were to be released come Sept. 09, would you purchase it? Why or why not? I'd like to hear your opinions!
  2. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    interesting...

what makes it nano

?? still awesome, im nowhere near that good

3. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

i would definitely buy an iphone nano 3g if it ever came out... its an iphone but cheaper... what more can u ask for?
  4. Edin.

Edin. New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The trimmed depth of it. That's all really. Picture it as the iPod Touch 2G model but a phone of course.
  5. andrewpiro

andrewpiro New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    no i would not buy it.... An iphone nano would be the lamest thing of all time. Iphones arent supposed to be easy to get. they are supposed to be more exclusive than the cheap phone you get when getting a new plan.
  6. Storm Surge

Storm Surge New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    iPHone Nano wouldn't be better/more expensive than the iPhone 3G, that's not what the Nano line is about. The Nano line for Apple is about small, but less features, and cheaper.
  7. andrewpiro

andrewpiro New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    thats the thing about it.... Cheap and Apple don't mix. Having an iphone is like a status symbol.
  8. Edin.

Edin. New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Guys, the $179 price tag was a typo. If you look at the improvement list, you'll see underneath my $249 tag which seems more reasonable.
  9. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    to be honest, for a name like 'nano', it has to be completely redesigned, or smaller. Much smaller.

To have it the same size as an ipod touch... well, you can't really call it a nano, its rather a slight modification to the already-made 3g. Especially when it's hardware dimensions is that it is thinner, but i applaud the idea. Good job
  10. Edin.

Edin. New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the constructive criticism. My original idea was to make a small iPhone, but I realized that of wouldn't be worth designing since iPhone users would probably want a bigger screen.