iPhone named "World's Worst Phone", even when jailbroken!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChronicFunk, Nov 6, 2009.

1. ChronicFunk

ChronicFunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Please Register or Log in to view images

I guess even while the iPhone is jailbroken, it is still named the "World's Worst Phone," by a blogger at CNET UK.

And that's just what they did. And I guess they talked about a few great points when it comes to the iPhone.

Source: Yahoo! Finance
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

One individual has something against the iPhone...
  3. ChronicFunk

ChronicFunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Haha, to tell you the honest truth, that's exactly what went through my mind reading that article!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yeah, but there are definitely a select few phones i would choose over the iPhone, just because the iPhone is getting old.
  5. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    This writer does make some good points though...
  6. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    This person isn't too wise in my opinion. I personally believe that the iPhone is the single greatest mobile phone out there today, even when it's jailbroken. Actually, even if it's not it's still pretty good!

He has a point, the battery life isn't the greatest but it's only if you have brightness up all the way and you sit there all day switching between music, videos, photo's, app's and internet. Most people have a life and don't have the time to sit there and screw around all day on it, those are the people who can have their battery good from the time they wake up to the time they go to bed.

For me, my iPhone run's it's sole purpose: Texting, calls, voice-mail, e-mail and facebook. I don't play games often, listen to music, watch video's or view photo's. And even then when I'm at home it's usually always on the charger, I've only had it die once on me since I've had it in June!

Games and such is what drains your battery life, and any mobile phone will wear down with all the use and switching between applications and such.

The whole call issue, I'm with Rogers in PEI and it doesn't have the best coverage as their are only two towers, both under-water and at each end of the island. However, when I've had signal I've never missed a call. I have Who-Called which texts me to tell me who called and when, if i didn't answer it. Then there's also the fact that I have voice-mail, which most people leave a voice-mail when they call and don't get a reply. Before 3.1.2 my friend's iPhone sometimes wouldn't ring when there was a call, it was claimed a software glitch by Rogers and he waited for the update and that issue was fixed along with the other issues.

It's a phone that'll never get old, you can keep adding things and changing things too and on it and with that said they always come out with new iPhone's in June, this June hopefully a 4G and that'll change this persons mind and the way everyone else thinsk about the iPhone from what I heard about it so far. Apple always improves, and after a couple of minor improvements on this phone it'll be claimed the world's best phone, even when jailbroken.

Sorry if some of you dis-agree with me, I was just stating my opinion.
  7. Fire-Coon

Fire-Coon Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ^^ this but people dont even realise they are watching stuff , facebook etc.

i think of it as a handhled computer with a phone built in. if you want a good phone get a 6210 or someting
  8. GeorgeGabriel

GeorgeGabriel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Can someone explain that to me please, I don't get that....
  9. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    that guy is dumb
  10. auv5

auv5 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    isnt cnet like the biggest iphone + apple supporter?