iPhone minus the AT&T

Discussion in 'WWDC 2010 (June 7-11)' started by Magnum, May 29, 2010.

1. Magnum

Magnum New Member

Ok, I want to get an iPhone but there's one problem, I don't live in the richest family ever and I'm not able to afford it's data costs. I would love to have the camera, vibration function, and better battery but I won't even use the phone.app/sms.app. Is it possible to buy the iPhone without the mobile rates?
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yes buy it from ebay.
  3. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah but if you're looking for a current generation, expect to pay $500+
  4. Magnum

Magnum New Member

Craigslist is sounding REALLY good right now

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yeah, if not $500, at least $300-350 for one with some wear and tear. Unsubsidized phones are expensive.

Magnum, you are better off waiting for the iPod touch to get a camera, if that's what you want. Vibrate isn't worth it IMO.
  6. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would hold on for a few more days though. Chances are the new iPhone generation will be announced at the WWDC. I presume people will be flocking to get the latest Apple tech by selling their old iDevices...at least I am anyways.

Please Register or Log in to view images

This might drive the price down a bit of the previous generation.
  7. Magnum

Magnum New Member

That's very true. If the iPod 4g comes out with a camera, I'm getting that instead. I will wait until WWDC and see what Jobs is planning. If there's no iPod with a camera like the leaked one, I'll try to go with the iPhone. If the 4g iPod has a longer battery life, it's all the better.

EDIT: I found quite a few iPhone 3g 16gb models in my area for $250. I know I can use this as a crutch if the 4g iPT doesn't have a camera.
  8. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    You know what would be wise my friend?

Get a used iPhone 3G or 3GS. Then go and get a prepaid SIM card, slap it in and use it only for calling and texting. Get unlimited text, and then text all your lady friends or what not.

You'll really enjoy having texting!
  9. Magnum

Magnum New Member

Not a bad idea there. I normally don't go anywhere but my house and Church and they both have wifi so I normally use textplus. Getting that prepaid SIM would be awesome for when I get a job in a few months. I think I might do that.
  10. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    When you get a job in a few months friend you can sign for a iPhone 4G on a whole plan! Then during your break, at work or wherever you are or whatever your doing you can text, call people and check Facebook or MySpace instantly! And you'd like having a stock firmware on iPhone 4G better I'd say, I find jailbreak messes with my signal a little bit and some things make the OS un-stable... That's just me though.

I just feel better with a stock firmware.

Either way, best of luck!