Iphone mics all compatible?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by xcalibre32, Jan 31, 2009.

1. xcalibre32

xcalibre32 New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    I was wondering if anyone has had any failed attempts hooking an iphone headset up to an ipod touch.

I can't POSSIBLY IMAGINE what on earth would cause a 3-band jack to be any different from device to device but I bought a pair of Skullcandy IPhone FMJs because I'm a lame skullcandy fanboy and I can't get my iPot2g to recognize them. I can't make Fring calls or use any sort of recording app use the mic.

I know the headphones work because if I plug them into the mini-adapter for my phone I can use them to make calls. It really only infuriated me more to realize this because an IPHONE headset magically works with my Nokia phone but not with another APPLE product. I suppose I should have seen this coming since Apple is the world leader in consumer-teabagging and delights in forcing their customers to pay top-dollar for their proprietary bullsh*t.

If anyone has any idea why any 3 band (i.e. jack looks like this <=|=|=|==}--- instead of this <=|=|===}---- ) would work with one device and not another, please explain to me.

Right now it just seems like there's a problem with my iPot... (or there's just a huge internet conspiracy where people claim the iPot has mic compatibility simply to trick me into dropping $70 on my 3rd pair of Skullcandies... which sound FANTASTIC by the way.)