Iphone Maps - Why google Maps?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Killa-X, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Killa-X

Killa-X Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Have you ever notice Google maps aren't the best? In Michigan, lets say you want to see your house. u cant even see near your house without getting "NO IMAGE"

so. what now? You go to Microsoft maps! or w/e that other site is. There i can get 4 angles on my house, N S E W, and actually see my house CLOSE up. So, why don't they use Microsoft maps? after all, the satellites are better.

I can even see the new school that finished last year on live.maps, Google maps, a blur.
  2. Idaltu

Idaltu New Member

MS maps sucks internationally, whilst Gmaps is usable everywhere except perhaps in a jungle.

An option to toggle between the two would be welcome, but if I was forced to pick one, it'll be Gmaps.
  3. P-Thunder.

P-Thunder. New Member

If i use the Find me feature, nothing happens.

= [
  4. Niiro13

Niiro13 New Member

Well, considering I can be anywhere in the world and still get routes, maps, and GPS (GPS with maps, that is), I'd choose Google Maps.

But yes, it is slightly annoying to see the "No Image". Then again, the Maps on the iPhone wasn't meant for zooming all the way to your house. It is used for routes and POIs.
  5. wilts

wilts New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    apple loves google as google are the biggest company in the world to use all macs within the business
  6. berky93

berky93 New Member

yes because a product made by apple will EVER use microsoft services...

apple and google have had partnerships like this for years. they were probably given a peek at the maps source code, which gave them a huge advantage when making the app. plus, even though google's images arent the best, their system is very sound and easy to use. people like using maps so people are happy when its maps in their iphone not the rather unheard of microsoft services.
  7. FregoS

FregoS New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    well the ipods mail uses microsofts services?
    And I just checked MS maps, it was sick! I could zoom in to my house in FINLAND! I mean WTF!