Iphone Mail and Map apps not working on my ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cpnow2, Oct 12, 2007.

1. cpnow2

cpnow2 New Member

I have managed to bring over all my iphone apps to my ipod successfully apart from mail and maps they copy over fine using sftp and also display on screen however when I launch them nothing happens.. any suggestions? thx.,
  2. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    You'll need to upload "GMM.framework" to the "/System/Library/Frameworks" folder on your iPod (I'll assume you know how to do that) then upload the .app folders and then using a SSH application (I recomend Putty) login to your ipod IP address using login: root password: alpine and once in type: "/bin/chmod -Rf a+x /Applications/*" press enter, restart your iPod and you are done.

This will work because you'll need the framework before you get those two applications to work, just to be safe remove them first then follow my instructions.

PS: if you dont have any of the stuff I mentioned just search the forum for it

Please Register or Log in to view images

Ali
  3. cpnow2

cpnow2 New Member

Thanks A million Ali. This worked perfectly for Maps however where do I upload the MobileMailSettings.bundle for the mail app on my ipod any help with this would be great thx
  4. dmorgan81

dmorgan81 New Member

that would be in the /System/Library/PreferenceBundles/*
  5. cpnow2

cpnow2 New Member

thansk guys got it sorted
  6. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    oops sorry forgot to mention that part but you got it sorted so all is good

7. osarusan

osarusan New Member

This worked for Maps for me (thanks!!) but for some reason it doesn't work for Mail. Mail loads up, and I can set up my account, but then it drops back to the main screen. It tells me that there are messages in my inbox, but I'm never able to view them. What else could be the problem?
  8. emed795

emed795 New Member

Are using the 1.1.2 Firmware for the iPod? If so, you will need to obtain the 1.1.2 version of the iPhone apps (at least mail.app anyway) for it to work correctly with 1.1.2 as it does not work correctly 1.1.1. (1.1.1 of mail.app will crash back to springboard on 1.1.2 when it tries to check for and download new mail which sounds like the problem your having)
  9. osarusan

osarusan New Member

I suppose I'm using 1.1.1 then. I didn't see any other versions of the apps though, so I suppose I'll have to keep looking for the 1.1.2 versions. Thanks for your reply.

10. shehadehd

shehadehd New Member

When i go to chmod i get a funky looking file. What do i do from there