Iphone Jailbroken but unsure about AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JuDaS009, Jul 5, 2010.

1. JuDaS009

JuDaS009 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok so i bought a used iphone cheap and never activated t with my sim card but just jailbroke it and unlocked ( not sure if unlocking was necessary as i have AT&T but w/e). So what i wanna know is that if i put my im in and start using the iphone will i be charged the iphone data plan? i ask this because i already have unlimited text and data on my current samsung impression and was hoping i could still use at least the unlimited texting without any extra charges. I called the 611 number and they wouldnt give me a straight answer. So if you guys have any insight i would greatly appreciate it.
  2. Snowballwarrior

Snowballwarrior Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I do not think it will charge you for the iPhone plan.
  3. JuDaS009

JuDaS009 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so then i could still use my unlimited texting plan?
  4. SPGreenawalt

SPGreenawalt Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sorry if I am wrong but isnt the data plan edge or 3g or something like that and if your jbed you can use sbsettings to turn it off then you wouldnt have to worry about ever using it and have to pay and if the texting and calling works without it it would be a phone without using the data plan.
  5. JuDaS009

JuDaS009 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well ill look into it and let ya know

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. SPGreenawalt

SPGreenawalt Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Alright I am sort of interested in it and seen it pop up in my sbsettings on my iPod always annoyed me.. Lol Sorry if I am incorrect on it though.
    Edit: Offtopc: Do you like my avatar? Lol I am trying to make it better and I am not that great at photoshop.
  7. JuDaS009

JuDaS009 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea i disabled it in SBSettings and i can still text. Now the question remains if i can use the data plan i had on my samsung impression with the iphone and not be charged any iphone fees
  8. SPGreenawalt

SPGreenawalt Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It seems that edge or 3g would disabled would make this work but I am not sure if your able to text with 3g off since I don't have a iPhone if you mind testing by texting someone? http://thebigboss.org/2009/06/21/sbsettings-and-edge-on-30 <- this shows that when edge is off it makes it for you cant load safari ect which I consider is apart of the dataplan?
  9. JuDaS009

JuDaS009 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    right but if i do enable edge and access the internet do you think att would charge me the ridiculous 30$ charge they have for iphone data plans? because on my account i am paying 10$ for unlimited data as we already pay 30$ for the unlimited family text plan. so basically i can surf the internet and text as much as i want on my samsung and i wanna be able to do the same thing on this iphone and keep the same charges and not get any surprises on the next bill
  10. SPGreenawalt

SPGreenawalt Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I am not sure about that sorry, but I did read that you only get the data plan for iPhone IF they do not catch it (If you rarely use it less likely they will find out).