Iphone Jailbreak Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by haydonny, Dec 21, 2009.

1. haydonny

haydonny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey guys.
    i was planning to update my iphone 3G to the latest iphone software which is 3.1.2 (i think), and then i was going to jailbreak it (ONLY!!!!) NO UNLOCKING

do i need to worry about the possibility of stuffing up my baseband or my contract with optus? ( i want to keep my official sim and contract)

is it possible to jailbreak my iphone 3G without restoring it first?

is blackrain the best option?

which itunes version should i use?

If i do jailbreak, will i still have full functionality like using my bandwidth of 500mb cellular internet safely?

Is everything like jailbreaking and installing cydia applications and using ssh relatively safe?

if i need to, i can restore back to default anytime i want right?

i know this is a wierd question but i have a jailbroken 8gb ipod touch 1g and sometimes it gets quite hot. if i jailbreak my iphone, might it run really hot? hotter than it normally would if it weren't jailbroken?

thanks to anyone who can help,
    cheers!
  2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    any itunes, yea blackra1n is best, you can restore anytime, it wont affect ur contract (im jailbroken and still official with att), its all safe. hotness could have something to do with it, might not.
  3. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Update via iTunes, and run the latest blackra1n.
  4. haydonny

haydonny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    THanks for the quick reply guys!
    So what you're saying is that I don't need a fresh newly restored empty iPhone to jailbreak? I can keep all my songs/apps without having to resync them?

Also can I update my iPhone 3g when it's jailbroken and keep my jailbreak with all songs aswell?
  5. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Update your iPhone first through iTune's to the firmware you want to jailbreak, then run blackra1n and go look for the blackra1n app, install Cydia and get to your business.

Other then that, when you jailbreak or update, it doesn't matter if there is songs, photo's, app's, contacts, SMS or anything on it.. Just as long as it's on

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. haydonny

haydonny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So to clear everything up. When I update all my data stays on my iPhone. If I choose to update and jailbreak afterwards whilst all of my data is still on my iPhone it will be fine? Is there any need to restore my iPhone at any time?

Sorry for this, it's just that a while ago I tried to jailbreak my friends iPod touch without restoring whilst all of his data was on there and I recieved an error that was really hard to fix.
  7. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Yes, your correct. The only reason you would need to restore in the future, at any given time is if you didn't want the jailbreak anymore, or you were sending your phone away for repairs.

Remember, when you jailbreak, you void your warranty... Do a restore, and your warranty is back on.
  8. Funkdabeat

Funkdabeat New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If you do jailbreak and you do install ssh, REMEMBER to CHANGE your ssh password! make sure its the first thing you do after installing ssh, there is a virus going around that permanently changes you lock screen picture (google ikee virus) i got it yesterday and its a b*tch to take off.