iPhone / iTunes problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Achy9, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I am trying to restore my iPhone 3G but iTunes says it will be updated to 2.2.1 after the restore. Is there a way to cancel that? I don't want to update because yellowsn0w is only for 2.2 (or at least I think it is), but I HAVE to restore the phone.

Thanks in advance.

"Yellowsn0w will NOT work with the baseband version (02.30.03) that is present in the recent 2.2.1 update. If you want to use Yellownsn0w you will need to create and restore using a custom .ipsw that will allow you to update safely to 2.2.1 without applying the 02.30.03 baseband update. You’ll then have a 3G iPhone running 2.2.1 with an older baseband version that is still vulnerable to yellowsn0w, following these steps ensures that yellowsn0w will still operate."

Can someone explain me how to do that?
  2. Confucious

Confucious New Member

Do you have a MAC or PC?
    On a PC, hold down Shift when you click restore and then select the iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw
    This will restore FW 2.2 with BB 2.28.00. You will then need to jailbrake again (making sure you use the same ipsw file) and reload YellowSn0w from Cydia.
  3. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It said the iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (13). The phone has been acting weird lately. Freezing as soon as I connect it to my computer, some programs not working at all, iTunes not detecting it etc. I can't just take it back to apple because it's jailbroken, so I do not know what to do..

I connected it to my computer again and it said "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes".
    Do I need to do the normal restore through iTunes before selecting the custom firmware? Like shift click and selecting.. Because it won't work. Downloading the firmware through iTunes now (2.2.1), going to restore and update, then if it works, restore again with the custom firmware I guess.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    It won't let me get 2.2. I restored and updated to 2.2.1 with itunes no problem (except it didn't back up because the phone was too f***ed up apparently so I lost all my contacts but I tried to restore using the custom firmware and it got half way then gave me an error so I had to re-restore to 2.2.1.
  4. Confucious

Confucious New Member

OK. Now you can't use YellowSn0w.
  5. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah I know. It's okay though I will get my AT&T account back in a day or two (3G again finally!)

Thanks anyway