IPHONE is broken cause of UPDATE!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by edistar, Nov 28, 2008.

1. edistar

edistar New Member

Dear users of iphone, ipod touches and anything else your like to touch. I had gotten my iphone about a month ago and it has been working like a charm, NOTHING wrong with it, no scratches, no nothing!!! So on and on Ive been updating my iphone with the latest firmware updates and I got to 2.1 and guess what? EVERYTHINGS FINE!!! So SUDDENTLY I do the update using quickpwn and all goes well until I get to the "slide to unlock" part! BASICALLY the screen doesnt work anymore. Not the "Slide to unlock" not the "slide to power off" or the "cancel" which is on the bottom. It seems though that I can TAKE PICTURES only lol (why am i laughing this isnt funny). Watch this youtube video and you will see what had happened to my iphone CAUSE OF THE UPDATE of 2.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IO9vU59Ppo&feature=related If anyone knows how to fix this I will forever be in debt to them!!! I have tried it all!! Restore, shut off and restart A ZILLION TIMES, and NO MY IPHONE has never been hit on the floor, Ive never dropped it, its my heart and soul!!
  2. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

dude... just take it to the apple store *after restoring of course*

they'll replace it for free.
  3. edistar

edistar New Member

what if I dont have a warranty for it?
  4. awesome761

awesome761 Banned

that would suck then, u would have to buy a knew one.
  5. erichuynh05

erichuynh05 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    the video is dated back to november 30, 2007.. try sending it in to apple, but first restore so it leaves no evidence of jailbreaking

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. edistar

edistar New Member

has this happened to anyone before?
  7. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    iPhone is broken because you JAILBROKE!!!! LOL Its not Apple's fault that you updated.
  8. edistar

edistar New Member

NOOO u dont understand I never said I blamed apple Im just making sure you people watch out cause the update has FLAWS. BIG FLAWS
  9. Sansar

Sansar New Member

don't worry man. u just try to restore it to the original version. you'll lose your entire data but i hope that will work. and try to update without jailbreak. if its not working you can go to the istore directly.

as you said you got it one month before. apple covers all its products with one year warranty. i don't understand why you only not having a warranty. you can check it with this site. https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

if you want more help I'm ready to help as much as i can. because I'm also a broken heart, now just came back from the apple store after giving my Ipod 2g for a replacement as it stopped working after the 2.2 upgrade.(without any jailbreak)

hope u will fine.
  10. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So you didn't drop it? Are you sure? Kidding. Try restoring it, if that fails, make sure it's restored, and depart on a wonderful journey to the Apple store.