iPhone is a RIP OFF in United Kingdom!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by botchok5, Dec 24, 2007.

1. botchok5

botchok5 New Member

Well I really cant understand the price difference between the apple iPhone if you buy one from USA and UK.
    Well a friend of mine bought one when he went in America for $420, LOCKED on A T&T Network, NO CONTRACT.

But the price of the iPhone is UK is £269 for the Handsent PLUS £35/Month for 18 month contract minimum, with the WORST TARIFF you could possibly get.
    You CANNOT buy the Handset SIM FREE! there is only 1 network provider here who provides it and its LOCKED aswell.

And the friend of mine who bought his iPhone is USA just happened to have the preloaded 1.1.2 firmwire, which means he's holding a BRICK really because we cant find any place who can unlock the new firmwire, and also some shops tells us they can unlock it and it takes 1 week up to 3 weeks, but we came back and they said they cant UNLOCK it!

SO basically it costs $1,798 US DOLLARS! JESUS CHRIST!
  2. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm a bit annoyed by this also. I was in an O2 shop the other day and i asked what tariff the iPhone is available on, and i was like "WHAA??!?!?".

Blasphemy isnt cool, especially at christmas time.
  3. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    holy.....thats a lot of money. Wow the us does have a good deal, especially if you are already with that company. What company do you have to be on if you have an iPhone in the UK?
  4. botchok5

botchok5 New Member

You can only be with O2, and the CHEAPEST Contract tariff you can get is the £35/monthly ($70), and its 200 Minutes, and 200 Texts LOL! its RIDICULOUS isnt it?
  5. akermar

akermar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    iphone

i beleive you can buy one from france as they are not allowed to lock there phones over there.

then you can use it on any network .

not 100% sure if they have it over there yet though.

or buy a sim free one check out this link.

""http://www.tech.co.uk/gadgets/phones/mobile-phones/news/french-iphone-unlock-not-limited-to-france?articleid=1540892342""
  6. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wow that is a rip off. You can get that for a lot less in the US .
  7. botchok5

botchok5 New Member

Basically if you buy an iPhone in UK, heres what you can get in the USA lol:

1x UK iPhone = 1x USA iPhone, 1x Nokia N95 (8GB), 1x 16GB Apple iPod Touch, 1x Xbox 360 Elite, 1x iPod Nano 8 GB.

Brilliant deal isnt it? lol.
  8. xALeXzx

xALeXzx Active Member

Jajaj, here, in México, when de iPod was released, the sellers begin to... sell it xD (unlocked of course) but... it costs 16/1800 dollars

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Stupid IVA xD
  9. Jeezo

Jeezo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's why many of the people you'd expect to have one don't have them. Apart from rich businessmen who don't even know what to do with them.

And, to actually get use out of the iPhone in the UK you'd need to go for the £55 p/month tariff.