iPhone/iPod touch vs PSP

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wearmaize, Nov 2, 2009.

1. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    PSP vs iPhone: Gaming

A lot of people are saying that the iPhone will kill the PSP in terms of mobile gaming. These are my two cents:

I have a PSP and I have an iPhone 3GS. Although the iPhone is great for casual gaming, it doesn't compare to the PSP if you want play Madden or FIFA. You really need the tactile controls to get immersed into those games. The only games I have for the PSP are Madden and FIFA (and a demo of NBA 09), but when I'm at home and looking for something to really get immersed in, I choose the PSP all the time. If I only have 5 minutes, I'll go for Pocket God or Skee Ball on the iPhone. But for actual gaming, I recommend the PSP.
    So if you want a mobile gaming device, I'll ask you one question: What kind of gaming? If you want something casual, $1 with an iPhone will get you some great games like Pocket God or Skee Ball. But if you're an intense gamer and want total control and the best graphics, spend some extra money on games and get the PSP.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I completely agree with everything you just said

3. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Oh yeah, that is just so true... The iPod touch is not just for games but also for work and Internet-surfing purposes... Whereas the PSP is a hardcore gaming device, which certainly is very popular among the younger generation here in Malaysia!

4. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you cna browse the web on a psp and you can use it for music and video especially the go

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Well there are some great games that you'll play for more than 20 minuits at a time on the iPhone...

6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, very few in my opinion. If you want to play a game with deep content, like Final Fantasy or something, the PSP is the way to go. Also, if you'd like to play a game without your thumbs being in the way, PSP.

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I agree with what was said, I like the iPod because of the small bite sized games. I used to have a PSP 1000 "back in the day" but then I realized that for the type of gaming it offered I'd rather just do it on my 360.(plus it hardly had any games back then)

With the PSP Go it seemed like it was a step in the right direction for me with its PSP Minis, however Sony kept on mentioning limitation after limitation until I completely stopped liking the device.

Can't wait for the PSP 2 or DS 2 though!

8. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    My PSP is the original one, and it works great with FIFA and Madden. The PSP can do music and movies but certainly not as well as the iPhone or iPod touch. As for web surfing, the PSP takes forever to load any non-mobile website and typing in cnn.com for instance won't take you to the mobile version
  9. Reaper2794

Reaper2794 Banned

Wow why would you even COMPARE a PSP and an iPod Touch

Honestly
  10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Because, unlike other iPod Touch/iPhone fanboys, he is actually stating that PSP does have better games. While the fanboys believe that iPod Touch/iPhone games can bash any other portable console games.