Iphone/Ipod Menu on any screen (Video out)

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by BlueMonde, Apr 9, 2008.

1. BlueMonde

BlueMonde New Member

1st I wanted to thank you for all the efford that you do with all the apps for the Iphone and Ipod.

their is a program for blackberry called ( Rove Mobile Viewer)
    Rove mobile viewer it;s a program which you plug your blackberry to you pc, tv, navigation etc, and you can actually see the blackberry screen on any monitor ( PC, TV, Nav etc)

Would it be posible to come up with a program and do the same with the Iphone/Ipod?

Iphone/ ipod it's such of nice toy and it would be nice if we could use it the iphone/ipod in our navigation. TV, monitor etc. I know we can see the videos, but how about the actual screen or menu?

Could this be posible?

Thanks in advance..

BlueMonde
  2. jchaike

jchaike Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    its deff possible...have you ever seen steve jobs's nifty pluggy thinggy? he plugs in his iphone/ipod touch/ipod nanos/ipod classics and they appear on the projector screen =D
  3. donny007

donny007 New Member

Yes i saw it in the presentation of the iphone SDK, i think its connected to the screen connector inside the iphone.
  4. BlueMonde

BlueMonde New Member

It's posible, what are the chances of coming up with an app?

thanks
  5. biggymac609

biggymac609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    the chances are extremely low, u probably need a special wire or some sort of mod the ipod
  6. hockeycraze12000

hockeycraze12000 New Member

It's pretty much impossible, I've checked the info.plist regarding this, and it would be really hard, because then you would have to mod EACH AND EVERY app to work with a modded Springboard that broadcasts from the TV output cable.

So, it's impossible. (Unless you're a l33t hacker, who is willing to mod existing programs a lot.)

PS: We should call the Architect from the Matrix.
  7. personman1

personman1 Banned

Well, don't you think its already done for us. Apple provided us with video out for our media so why don't we just mod their code. I'm sure they won't mind because we already did it with jailbreak itself... LOL!

But seriously, I think we can do it but it would require 1 of 2 things. The easiest approach would be to mod every app that we could use AV Out for. However it WOULD be possible but VERY HARD to make a SpringBoard mod or an app that runs in the backround.