Iphone internet help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clipsofdoom, Apr 23, 2009.

1. clipsofdoom

clipsofdoom New Member

I have t-mobile, and my internet always worked with the t-zones hack that I downloaded from the installer. But until recently when Im not connected to wifi, my internet won't work and its asking me to subscribe to the internet when i already am! The t-zones hack is still applied to my phone so i have no idea why my phone is doing this?

The same thing is happening to my girlfriend's phone too, her dad said it might be the itunes, that our itunes version is too new and that the new versions lock the internet? He said to try and download an older version of itunes.

Anyone know whats up with this?
  2. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Have you upgraded you're firmware? If you have then the t-zones hack might be incompatible with the newer firmware.
  3. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Uninstall the T-zones hack reboot and just use epc.tmobile.com as the APN. settings/general/network/cellular data network.
  4. clipsofdoom

clipsofdoom New Member

I had 2.1 and upgraded to 2.2 a while ago and everythin was working fine till this started happening. I was thinkin about upgrading tp the new update but i decided not to because everything is working fine now.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Edit- i just uninstalled the tzones hack, and put in epc.tmobile.com and it is still not working. Is anyone else with t-mobile having this problem??
  5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I know T-Mobile has been getting away from the T-Zones anyway; I wonder if they changed anything.

I am also on T-Mobile but could not get T-Zones (it is no longer offered). I use a different APN but I don't know if that matters much since I am on a legitimate data plan.

Regardless; I use Internet2.voicestream.com for my APN.
  6. clipsofdoom

clipsofdoom New Member

Yea the plan I have was like tzone, but its some web2go 100mb web for phones thing or whatever t-mobile has. When I dropped my blackberry plan to add this I asked the guy for the tzones plan and he said there isn't a tzones plan anymore. It was working for the longest time, and then all the sudden it just stopped working.

NOW I put in that address in the apn the internet2.voicestream.com and its working now! THanks DREWGZY
  7. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    T-Zones still works fine for me. Its not offered, but if you stick your sim in an old razor or any old T-Mobile phone with a T-Zones app, you can activate it through the T-Zones app.

epc.tmobile.com has always worked for me, maybe clipsofdoom is in a bad area. Some places I go I get a full cell signal but edge just does to work.
  8. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Glad it worked...

Not sure how much you know about the 100 MB plan but I have been happy with it. Includes unlimited email and texts. Plus I have used my phone a lot this month and have used maybe 35MB.

Also, if you do go over your MB usage they will only charge an extra $15 no matter how much you go over.

EDIT:
    I just tried the APN "epc.tmobile.com" on my phone and I get directed to a T-Mobile site requiring a subscription upgrade.

I'm guessing it is fine for the sidekick plan but it doesn't seem to work for other plans.
  9. adbabii09

adbabii09 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Im having the same problem with my EDGE not working. ive tried both apn's and neither worked.. i have no clue what to do
  10. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

What plan are you on?

If your phone is JB is your EDGE turned off (in SBSettings)?