iPhone | Infinite reset loop

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ali-Babba, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Ali-Babba

Ali-Babba New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Hello everyone,

I've searched on Google and the forums for an answer but could not find one. So here is my thing;

I am on a blackra1n jailbroken iPhone 3G running 3.1.2 firmware. Everything worked fine until my smartass decided to reset the network settings. My iPhone is keeps resetting itself now and I'm in need to fix this as fast as possible. I've searched for some solutions, one of them was waiting till the battery died. My battery is full so thats going to take a long time..

Also, iTunes and my PC don't recognize the iphone because it keeps resetting. Any thoughts guys?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Sorry I cant edit my first post, here is my update:

So I am able to connect the iphone with my PC and itunes recognizes it as a iphone in recovery mode. I only have the option to restore and update to 3.1.3, but i dont want that because i will get a tethered jailbreak. I tried shift-clicking restore but ending up getting an error.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I guess I posted it too fast. I got it all back up and working on 3.1.2 again!

Here is my solution for future reference:

1. Booted the iPhone in recovery mode
    2. Shift-click restore and choose the firmware you want.

Now, when i did this i always had some kind of 16xx error, so I found this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxhvOQE57u8

And it all worked!