iPhone in Tokyo,Japan ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Can258Can, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Can258Can

Can258Can New Member

Hi guys,

Next week i'll be visiting Tokyo and i want to buy an iphone at there. Will I be able to find one if so do you know a place in Tokyo where i can get one? What about the prices and the version 1.4 will i be able to unlock and jailbreak it?

Thanks for you answers,
    Can
  2. corkboy

corkboy New Member

Hi I hope the question is a serious one

No,
    you can't buy iphone in Japan leagally, as there is no GSM service over there,
    then no carrier, NTT DOCOMO, AU, nor Softbank handle it.
    Technically there are some shops which deals with imported iphone, possibly Jailbreak, or unlocked,
    but I am 100% sure the price is much much higher than to buy in the States.
    If you are planning to rest of Asia, other than Japan and Korea, YES, GMS is there, and
    it shouldn't be difficult to find local sotre that ssell one.
  3. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I just came back from hong kong and saw some iPhone for sale. Theyre abot £300 unlocked. I would get it from there
  4. Can258Can

Can258Can New Member

I don't plan to buy it legally because i will use it in Turkey I want to buy unlocked or not unlocked but just want to learn if there are iphones for sale in Tokyo.
  5. ZtevenX

ZtevenX New Member

im in beijing rite now and i tried to buy an iphone here but it cost more than US like alot more, in Japan people think the iphone is CRAP! casue it's only 2G and the iphone have no TV thing which people in japan alway uses, like all their cellphones have the TY signal thing to watch tv in subway and etc. so im pretty sure u wont find it, even if u can, it'll be very very expensive.
  6. corkboy

corkboy New Member

I know that Mobile Plaza in Akihabara Tokyo had a few iPhones last year, but not sure if there are some now.
    Better to check up by phone before you go.
    http://www.mobileplaza.co.jp/