iPhone in the philippines

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eljon_noel, Jun 14, 2009.

1. eljon_noel

eljon_noel New Member

well, the iphone when bought here in the Philippines is very costly(35k+ php). But i saw in the apple store that it only costs 99$ which in philippine peso is only roughly 5k!

i read how you can buy iphone from us and use it in the philippines by unlocking. about this, how can you know the baseband of the iphone? also, is there an unlock already for the iphone 3gs?

now, i would like to ask how much the iphone really costs when bought in the canada? i have a few relatives that are going there for vacation so i'm thinking of buying there so that it would be cheaper. also, can you buy just the iphone without any simcard or plan included? i got the idea that when you buy an iphone, you have to buy an att plan too.
  2. pjazzy

pjazzy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I'm not from the USA or Canada but I'm sure $99 is if bought with a contract.
  3. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you are going to get an iPhone 3Gs, there will be no unlock for a while, but if you're getting an iPhone 3G, you can either hope that the Dev Team really has an unlock for 3.0 ready, or buy and use a turbosim. If you buy the iPhone now, it will have the latest baseband, so you won't be able to use yellowsn0w right at the moment. Although I've heard that the Dev Team has a 3.0 unlock ready, we'll have to wait and see

I'm in the US, so I'm not sure about Canada. It's $99 here in the US, and you have to buy it with service and sign a 2 year contract. If you buy the iphone w/o a sim card included or sign a 2 yr contract, you will have to pay around $300-$400 for one. Yes, if you get an iPhone for $99 or $199, you have to buy the AT&T plan and sign a 2 year contract

Hope I helped

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    With no Contract in Canada, the price has not been announced. $99 is WITH a three-year contract, of at least a $30.01 plan. The expected no-contract price is about $500.
  5. eljon_noel

eljon_noel New Member

that sucks! do you guys have any suggestions on what i can do to get an iphone for a cheaper price than that? my budget is just around 200 us dollars.

poor me..

6. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Sorry, you won't get an iPhone for that price. That's around the cost of an iPod touch 2G, 8GB.
  7. pidr029

pidr029 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    noypi! yap its 99$ but u r under a two year contractwith att...if u gona buy iphone that is unlocked maybe its around 600- 800$...
  8. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you go to craigslist, you can find one for $300-$400 unlocked (turbosim unlock, or jailbreak unlock)