iPhone in pocket. Will it scratch the camera?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itouchmty, Sep 14, 2010.

1. itouchmty

itouchmty Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok, so I usually put my phone on my pocket along with my house and car keys.
    I only had a phone with exposed camera before, and it still took photos (bad ones) as good as it did straight out of the box.

I bought an iPhone 4 two weeks ago and have kept it with the back plastic it came.
    The screen, with no protection still has no single scratch. But the plastic at the back is in a bad shape, I can't even take pictures right now because it is scratched really bad.

I bought an Invisible Shield, and should get it tomorrow. But I noticed it doesn't have any camera protection.

So, in your experience, could I still put the iPhone on my pocket and not worry or should I change my habits? (tough I don't want to)
  2. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    No, nothing will happen to the camera. I don't have a case/bumper or a invisi shield, and nothing has happen to my phone (other than a few scratches here and there, but not on the camera)
  3. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    your camera will be fine. Even without the invisible shield, the iphone has a scratch resistant surface. But your camera will be fine with or without the invisible shield
  4. Shadeslayer

Shadeslayer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nothing should happen but I do advise you change your habits simply because keys and phones usually don't work out together haha
  5. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ^^ True but not with the iPhone. Its made of scratch resistant glass. Do a YouTube search on people trying to scratch it with razor knives, keys, and what not
  6. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    No given the lens sits way back
  7. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    The plastic you left on there scratches 100x easier than the iphone scratch resistant back.